Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Fairhope
We attended our second support group meeting yesterday. What a greatl bunch of people! Our state regional director for Alabama ALS is at every meeting along with a moderator. This week we had a representative from the PVA there since we have a lot of vets in our group. He was wonderful and full of fantastic information about what all is available for the veteran. We also had a visiting RV from one of the Carolina's that specialized in working with ALS patients. She has done a video on the Peg tube and our group will see it next meeting. I'm hoping that it will help convience my dh that he should go ahead and get one. Time will tell. As a friend told me yesterday, in the case of a ALS patient it's not life support, but to support life, same as taking meds for high blood pressure etc.

Our group runs the gamet of newly diagnosed to caregivers of deceased PALS.

If there is a support group in your area I recommend going to the meetings. If it's half as good as our is, it will be worth your time.

I'm not taking away from this forum, for sure, as it's been a inspiration to me along with very helpful. There is just nothing as good as the real hug and being with people with the same issues and sharing.

Life is Good! Praise God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back