04/2010
Country
US
State
TN
City
Oak Ridge
Hi all -
I am sure this has been discussed somewhere along the way, but I couldn't find it.
My husband has always suffered with anxiety....flying, crowds, that kind of thing, which has been treated with a variety of meds (most recently citalopram).
He was diagnosed with ALS 4/10 and the disease has progressed to the point where he has very little arm/hand function. As his functions decrease, his anxiety increases, to point that he is having several attacks a day.
I am scheduling an appointment with his doctor tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone else has the same issue and what meds work for you.
Thanks!

Hey ORGirl. I have the same problem. As my husband can verify especically here lately. I am on prozac for depression not taking it any more. And clonazepam. For aniety attacts , 1 of these and I don't have a care in the world. Although it took three of these to get me in MRI machine lol Every one is different. This is what works for me and I have been through a lot of different medicines before we got a good combination for me I will pray that the doctor will find what helps your husband this is no fun. I can't talk so I stamp my foot and burst into tears. No fun at all

Hi, I am very sensitive to drugs, and until ALS had no anxiety issues. Funny how losing your ability to communicate can change that! I find a little Ativan (0.25 or 0.5 mg) helps in sticky situations. For now :)
Good luck!

Took Neurotin and got major anxiety attacks...turned out it was a side effect. Don't know if it is relevant, but we can alladmit that this diagnosis is a darned good source of anxiety.

Ativan works for me.

AL.

My husband takes Zanax has worked for his anxiety and helps him sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back