Membership 'Status' to those 'not so helpful people'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmendsley

Distinguished member
Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Highland
Out of plain curiosity I wonder....

Since our membership status is based solely on how many posts we make...

What exactly happens when a 'not so helpful' person posts over and over and over again....

(cough cough ie. the Do I have ALS section? a certain member who keeps changing their name but not their writing style)

Are they able to eventually become a "Very helpful Member" just because they post a billion posts? They are not really helpful...but harmful to their own good and others who worry they may have it.

Just a curious thought to put out there. Anyone know the answer? :-o

or you mean the lack of writing style, that's so easy to spot?

Good thought, but I'm a "senior" member....hmmm... and the only reason I have this many posts is due to the Tea Party!

The "helpful" moniker gets added to your profile when you accumulate ’reputation" points and not just by virtue of the number of posts you make. Don't ask me how the reputation points work -- I don't know, I don't care to know, and I gave up worrying about popularity contests when I graduated from junior high school.

Needless to say, I don't imagine that you need to worry about that happening in the DIHA forum.

good question kmendsley..........even better answer Mr T.

Mmmm? Got me wondering!

I think it's a numbers thing that can't be helped without the intervention of one of the moderators.

What about that center symbol..... by the green or blue dot and the report post symbol....it says reputation...click on it and it asks appove or disapprove. Is that how people move up to being helpful to extremely helpful?

right below someones avatar, info and # posts

Diane, I think it's purely by the numbers. If I'm right, once you reach a certain number of posts, you become very helpful and then eventually achieve extremely helpful through adding more posts.

Someone feel free to kick me if I've got this wrong!

Last edited:
So if I just post "HI" a billion times, on a billion posts, I too can be an Extremely Helpful Member....lol...:)

Oh, now you are making me confess to how I did it...

I feel so ashamed....

Watch what happens when you reach post #500...

Sooooooooooooo....you gonna tell us what happens, don't keep us in suspense..............

I believe 500 posts gets you Senior Member status. The reputation points get you the various helpful member statuses. Apparently, it used to be a big deal around here -- not so much any more, since the powers-that-be don't tell anyone about it these days.

OK, got it trfogey, so I can't become an extremely helpful member with out becomming a senior first, I have been fighting to not become a senior all my life...:-(

Being a senior, very helpful, or extremely helpful means nothing to the powers that be, we're all untrustworthy spammers.

Ah Ha ...found a flaw.... trfogey, Barry and Zaphoon you have all over 1,000 posts and your not senior members yet, there's hope for me yet, Because you are both Very and Extremely Helpful Members!...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back