Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
One really nice thing about this thread (for me, anyway) is having absolutely NO idea what time of day or night it is in, say, New Zealand. I figure that Avril is about four hours ahead of me, Peter is (I think...memory is not great) 25 and a half ahead of me. Barry, I'd guess is at least 2 hours earlier. So... all this to say Aly, you can go around in your PJs or stay in bed and some of us will think you've just put in a full day's work. And tea is good at any hour. (Weren't you smart to think up this thread's title?)

Here it's 5 in the late afternoon. One more hour before Phil arrives home and uses the microwave! I think that's all the leftovers require.

Ann, its 3 pm here and I'm watching my favourite cooking show with the cute perky host (she's wearing an orange sweater today ;);)). No idea what she's making but that's not important cause I'll never make it or eat it anyhow.

Great thread, I`m having a nice cup of lotus tea with this light and lovely reading. (I`m using my home-spun Chinese tea set, the cups have no handles; you can still stick out pinkeys, but not required.) I enjoyed one of the post superbowl shows, Puppy Bowl. It was fun for about 20 minutes, but I had to give it up at 1/2 time -- just too much cute for me.
BTW, lotus tea added to wine is supposed to make a great sedative with a calm euphoria.....
Ya, you know it!
Can ferrets come to the party, or birds `cause in our house both are great at making messes of all sorts.

No, the team I was rooting for lost, probably 'cause I was rooting for it! And I missed the beginning anyway, when Christine Aguilera messed up the National Anthem! I would probably forget the words too, but then again, I'm not a famous singer.

Yes, the pizza was good, the barbequed chicken was good, and I ate too much... unfortunately, with 2 alcoholics living in this house (not me) there was no imbibing of anything stronger than soda!

We're supposed to get up to 5" snow tonight/tomorrow a.m. in time for the commute... sigh... really glad I work out of the house, but those school buses better be running! They've already missed 4 days, one for shoveling off the roof so it wouldn't be in danger of collapsing!

BTW, I love teacups but they're just too small for me, I always use a huge mug of tea. Though I have 2 partial sets from my great grandmothers (one from each side of the family) from Sweden that I have on display...

Good eveninbg Ladies and Gents. Had to have my teeth cleaned today so very sensitive. Probably no tea for me tonight!I watched a little of the puppy bowl before the superbowl. Little cutie pies.Wow what does lotus tea taste like? I am learning lots on this thread.

Helen, my team lost as well. :( I am a native of Pennsylvania (Punxsutawney, to be exact - where the groundhog lives!) The old boy pronounced an early spring on February 2nd and as I watch the snow fall outside my window, and hear the wind blow, I am sure hoping he is right.

In case he isn't - well, we are heading south on Wednesday on a road trip! Las Vegas on the 11th and 12th with tickets to the Lion King on Saturday night. Then Sunday we will move on to Cardiff By the Sea, CA. where we will spend a day with the president of Mind Technologies. And, on the second day we will meet with the tech folks offering suggestions and making recomendations. From there we will head to Tucson to visit friends and on to New Mexico before heading home.

I am excited and apprehensive all mixed up together. More excited ... and anxious to get into some warmer weather -- maybe even take a dip in a warm pool!

My Kindle is loaded with plenty of books and Hospice has arranged for aides at each destination if I need them.

The dog, cat and fish will have to fight the elements without me for two weeks or so. My housekeeper will have them spoiled rotten, I am sure.

I'll pick up some good tea while I am away and drop in to chat with you from places still unknown!

Diane

Would anyone like some of my banana bread (with chocolate chips of course) with their tea? I'll even send you the recipe if you'd like!

I'm sorry I forgot about the puppy bowl!

i likes a nice cuppa tea in the morning to start the day you see....but whats with the the dog doo do?...bum stuff.................johnny

Johnny, It's 8 pm here. What time is it in Wales? So, I'm guessing latish in the evening, and too late for tea.

Helen, your banana bread with the choc chips sounds good, but my baking days are long gone.

Diane, I'm excited for you! I hope your weekend went well... no news yet on Saturday's visit. Enjoy the warm weather you'll be experiencing, and how cool is it to have Hospice waiting for you at every stop? I see them in my mind's eye, just standing in starched aprons over nurses' uniforms waiting for you! And what can I say about the Mind Technologies. I'm afraid it might be silly... and involve men in starched uniforms, but I know you don't need them.

Diane I wish I was going with you! Sound like fun! Keep us posted ok. I love banana bread Helen. And Johnny they would be talking about my new pup pooping everywhere...lol

Abbas child, I'll have to send some down to you then! Or give the recipe to someone to make for you, its the best!

Diane, have a great trip, and definitely enjoy the pool! What is Mind Technologies?

Yay I have updated my iPad and it can now multiple task... According to my living world app. It is 8.58 pm Monday evening in Baltimore. I figure that's somewhere close to Ann. Its exactly 3 pm on Tuesday afternoon and in 10 minutes I take off to get Sam from school. So we are way ahead of you, and I am about 2 hours ahead of Peter.

I have been watching tele and the coke zero won over the tea. It's so humid I am dripping yuck. I sat up to grab my iPad to check out the state of our tea party and wow the whole side of mt scalp was completely numb, dead as a door post. Feeling has back, how very weird.

Diane have a lovely time away. Helen I will have to say no to the yummy sounding banana bread. Remember I am on a diet, so go easy on the food talk :(
Ferrets! Banned from NZ as pets, they kill our native birds like kiwi, but they are quite cute.

Johnny how's the " big head" we've moved on from excrement, but ruby dumped half a bird in the door this morning, was kind of mummified and still. I thought that was a cat thing.

Well off I go to school
Sleep well yanks

Last edited:
OH, I just lost a long post. Well, shucks. Lorna, the chickens were day-olds when they arrived and we raised them in an unfinished room in our house. Very dusty by the time their house was ready for them (four weeks old), but they never smelled. In fact, they have so much room, there's no odor unless it's raining. Lots of eggs, and organic. Phil hates it when I tell this, but he asked me if he should put an air conditioner in their window. Yes, they love humans since they're so spoiled.

Aly, have you tried lemon in your coke? Lemon helps a lot of drinks. Thanks for the time setting, as I'd gotten Peter off by a half day (too much).

Johnny, we need to know the BIG HEAD secret.

Hi girls,
Aly is right with the times. I have just finished lunch, no choc chip muffin though :-(
so now it's time to spend some time on the computer doing some OHS&W stuff for the fire service. Nothing exciting, I review policies for them and make recommendations of changes.

So by for now and the Coopers will taste nice tonight after a hard days mental work.

Cheers
Peter

I just found this post what a hoot. I wish I could have chimed in for the guys. lol I do have some good advice for others who are paved roads deprived. (Country Folks) I grew up being exposed to eating our large "pets" but my wife and kids weren't, so we named our large Pets cuts of meat. Our first "pet" was chuck- as in chuck roast lol the 2nd was T-bone. you get the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back