Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Called my SIL to find out what to get her kids for Christmas. I just wanted to relate to her my success for the day,as well. This is after her going on and on and on about her life.

She abruptly cut me of, telling me we had been on the phone for an hour! Goodbye!

What?!? Do I need to limit my calls now, after she talks away and I can't get a word in?

Golly! Shucks! What a buzz killer! She was distracted the whole time. How bout telling me to call back another time? Is nothing sacred?:confused:

Relatives never cease to amaze me! I'm talking my own, too!

Merry Christmas! May your stockings be full of it!

At least you have someone to call. LOL. ALL of my relatives are nowhere to be found. Oh well, I can't talk anyways.

Truth be known, I wish I didn't have to call her! LOL I try to interpret for DaddyO! It's a comedy routine, for sure!

So CJ, did she have time to tell you what to get her kids for Christmas? Mmm, mmm. Coal in her stocking.

yes... and that Christmas would be "lean."

Fine with me! More than fine! What is the fun of opening presents that are just "empty presents?"

I prefer the celebration of the season. I could care less about "empty presents."

CJ - you deserve so much better. Do your best to put her out of your mind. I know it is easier said then done but do not allow a "Grinch" to dampen your Christmas spirit! Just know we are here for you! :)

It's different with a SIL of course, but I have a friend exactly like that. I got so frustrated I finally told her I didn't have the time to talk on the phone for an hour (as she rambled on and on about exclusively about herself) and email was really better for me. I can skim through her emails fast and send an appropriate reply. She never asks about me or Johnny and I don't care to be her sounding board.

You can't really do the same with a SIL though. I applaud your patience!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back