Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
City
Quadra Island
Well, I didn't want to get a wheeled walker, but it was that or DON'T go to the Picasso exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum. So I did both. I wouldn't have done well without it. We were there for well over 2 hours and holding my friend's arm for that long would have tired her out and made me feel dependent. Which is what I am, by why press the point?

I manoeuvered through crowds who parted for me to pass, I has a place to sit while others stood and a basket to put my coat in when it became too warm. It was a great day - Picasso and otherwise... Here's to enabling devices!

Hello Heidi,

Good for you! I'm glad you were able to the exhibit and! in comfort. Those walkers are the cat's meow...the basket and the seat... and mine had locking brakes.

Ann... who welcomes you to the forum.

Welcome Heidi! I use my wheeled walker everyday in the house and it is one of the most useful things I have. Always a place to sit!

BTW where is North Rendezvous Island? My son goes to UVIC and my Aunt and Uncle lived on Pender Island so we have spent a lot of time traveling on BC Ferries. A beautiful part of the world.

I too resisted using a walker (with a seat and a basket) but after too many falls to count, I found it is my "buddy" now! Yippee for handy aides!

Welcome,

Diane

Don't need a walker yet, but am liking even the little things --my OT gave me a button hook and I can button my own shirts again! What happiness over a tiny thing. We'll take it where we can get it, right?
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back