Not open for further replies.

wles

Country
US
State
SD
City
Black Hawk
I am fairly new here and am not sure where I should be posting this. I have been reading the many posts both older and current since my husband has been diagnosed with bulbar ALS. As I was thinking, as I lay awake last night, about what he has facing him, it dawned on me how much effort it takes for many of you to even turn on your computer, to say nothing of typing and writing on the forum. So I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you. You have been so helpful to me in just reading the many posts. My husband has been resistant to learning anything about what is facing him, but slowly as I tell him about some of you he is becoming more open to hearing what you all have to offer. It is truly awesome what you are doing for others, even those who just visit the forum.

Thank you too to the dedicated CALS who are an inspiration for me. This is a journey we never thought we would be taking!
Love and prayers to all…

Phyllis,

I just had to tell you that strength is in numbers - or 2-heads are better than one - or some other trite cliche that really proves true. Some days when I feel like the sky is falling all around me, I come here and am inspired by others who are much further along in their journey with this horrendous disease than me. They inspire me to stop the pity party and get on with my life.

My dad taught me that life is 5% what happens to you and 95% what you do with it. :)

When my husband died the doctor told me I was still alive and I had the choice to make every day count and be a happy woman or I could choose to grieve for the rest of my life and be a bitter old woman! Guess which I chose? Of course I didn't exactly plan on going from caregiver to widow to PALS within a space of 4 years!

So the way I figure it - the ALS is something to be turned into a positive experience - meeting people like you and sharing experiences is a real blessing! Learning to let go and let others help is a lesson I needed to learn... and I still haven't completely accomplished it!
I have found that the little things are much more rewarding now - and the big things that I thought were important reallyu aren't.

So, hang in and make each day special - it is worth it.

Hugs,

Sorry about your husband. It is good to hear that this forum has been a help to you! Feel free to jump in and ask questions or contribute your knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back