Loved one DX
Country
US
State
California
City
Boulder Creek
hi there!

So out here in Northern Cali we have a radio show called Forum. On tuesday the topic was the state of Stem Cell research since proposition 71 was passed by the voters over a year ago. This is a local issue since a majority of the research for stem cells is being done here in the South Bay, so they had some really great experts on from Standford/etc.

The discussion was a general update but they did mention ALS once half way thru the program. I got frustrated because i wanted to find out if anything new has been discovered with ALS and stem cell therapies/ how are the trials doing/etc.

So i called in! Unfortunately, i was calling from a cell phone so I broke up a lot.. but they did seem to get the jist of the question. They talked about ALS for a few minutes and they mentioned how they are discovering that some kind of "toxic response" is actually going in and attacking the neurons.

There's not much there, but it was interesting. You can hear it about 40-45 minutes into the hour program.

Stem Cell Trials: Forum | KQED Public Media for Northern CA

-m

stem cells have been researched as many other products ect. this is a very confusing subject to determine the truth behind there findings .i like how you put it that they talked about als for a few minutes and discovering some sort of toxin killing are cells .i myself find it to be a scam a money maker .just as i find rilutek the same way .i truley believe that someone knows a cure but its not being released yet so they can bilk much money from the sick and suffering.i really believe they are not doing all they really could be doing and i dont believe its due to funds .just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back