Status
Not open for further replies.
I went and posted it directly on my family members facebook walls! If they do not vote and support Kinga I may have to remove them from my facebook friends. grrrrr What is wrong with people?! We NEED MORE VOTES!

Kinga is increasing her lead now
1788 to 1371
keep up the work and the others will drop off eventually.

voted 3 times now (forgot one address i had) lol

Peter

Many thanks for letting us know... I gathered 7 family emails and will continue voting as much as possible.

Between this and the "Show your Goodness Campaign" the ALS Society of Canada should really benefit. Thanks you for spreading the word, we all need what we can get!
Show Us Your Goodness -

I have some of my friends emails on my yahoo page. Surely they wont mind?!?!?!

I just did my daily vote and she is up to 1967 and in the lead. The runner up is at 1397 and a few in the 1000+. We have to give her a bigger lead! VOTE FOR KINGA!

Did my daily vote and she just topped 2001!

Great job everyone! I sent out an eblast to the ALS Canada email list yesterday, so we're gaining momentum.

Given the length of this contest, I suspect this will be a stamina type thing and we'll need to remain vigilant to keep remembering to vote daily.

Cheers!

She is up to 2308 with her nearest competition at 1993.

The gap is closing - and fast.

The two girls who volunteer for the Cancer Society seem to have rallied a big vote. I suspect with the help of the Cancer Society. They have a large reach.

The key here is not just voting every day (although that's important)... The only way to win these types of contest is by asking everyone you know to vote. That means asking friends, family and colleagues to:

1) Vote daily.
2) Ask their friends to vote daily.

This is good both for the sponsor (Mike and Ike's), but it's also great awareness for ALS. The potential for new people to hear about the disease is enormous.

Great job everyone!

AMAZING NEWS: I have a 1 HOUR slot on TV for this contest AND there will be an article in the GUELPH MERCURY about it too! SO PLEASE VOTE FOR KINGA: Ante Up!? IF I WIN THE MEDIA ATTENTION ON ME AND ALS WILL BE INCREDIBLE! SO VOTE VOTE VOTE only ahead by 200 VOTES it's not enough!

voted again,
Less than 300 between Kinga and the 2 from the cancer support.
I think you are correct Laurie, the cancer group is getting behind their people so we need to get behind Kinga.

cheers
Peter

I have rallied people from some other community forums I post on - we've got the lead back... for now.

Thank you for the amazing job with the voting everyone! Please keep sharing the link with your friends and attach this to it as well:

Four years ago, my whole world came crashing down, when my Mom, Erika, was diagnosed with ALS.

My Mom… the woman who protected me from monsters under the bed, kissed my hurts all better and made everything ok – was dying. There was nothing I could do to save her. I felt lost, angry, useless and sad. I didn’t know what to do.

I quickly realized that now it was my turn to make Mom OK. It was the hardest thing I’d ever had to do, but she needed me and my Dad, and it was up to us to make the best out of every day we had left. And that’s exactly what we did.

Last month, my mother took her final breath. I miss her so much that it hurts. But I refuse to stop fighting for those who still have ALS, and those who will be diagnosed in the future. We must end ALS, forever and for everyone.

Recently I qualified for the Mike & Ike’s contest for the “Canada’s Most Inspiring Young Leader”. Winning this contest will help spread awareness about ALS – and provide a $2500 donation to ALS Canada to fund ALS research.

Please take a moment to vote for me, Kinga - and help put an end to this horrific disease. I can’t do it without you. I need your help to make sure that nobody else has to see the person they love most in the world, die slowly – right before their eyes.

If you will lend me your vote today, together we can change tomorrow. Please take a moment to vote for me (Kinga), so we can help put an end ALS, once and for all. All you have to do is:

1. Click here to vote for Kinga. Ante Up!?
2. Share the link with others via email, Facebook, Twitter or anywhere else and ask them to vote and spread the word.

Thank you SO very much!

PS – Please remember to share this link with your friends. It is critical that we all ask others to vote and spread the word. Let’s show the world what family and friends can accomplish when they care.

Can anyone tell me if ALSA in the USA and Canada are backing her? If not, insert photo of VERY ANGRY MONKEY'S in that space!

yes ALS Canada is helping me big time! No one from the US ALSA has helped me yet. But i have alot of amazing american friends voting for me and supporting me :):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back