Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
Walnut Creek
40 yr old male here, the wierdness started in Jan. Noticed a postural tremor in my L arm while lying in bed, & half-smile tremor. L arm is not functionally weak, but tires easier, with a slight tremor and shoulder and/or elbow pain after use (been doing a lot of push ups, and other things to ease anxiety).

Visited GP: clean MRI, bloodwork revealed Vitamin B12 deficiency (119), Vit D insufficiency (19), and borderline slow thyroid (TSH 5.0). Then twitching started, or I noticed. Since then twitching has never stopped in my L foot arch, is frequently in both calves, sometimes in quads, upper L arm and L shoulder, other places rarely.

Visited neurologist: exam was "Pretty darn good", but they noted the twitches, said they were not normal, and ordered a NCS & EMG. Last week (mid April) - EMG looked at L leg, L arm, and back. Neuro didn't seen a thing, not even a fasciculation. Neuro speculated on the twitches, "something funky metabolically", and said they're benign. NCS clean as well.

Clean EMG = no ALS right? L arm hasn't changed, if its an muscular injury it should have healed by now I think, and I keep twitching away . . . I've read a lot of posts here, I'd appreciate any and all opinions.

I wouldn't worry about ALS if I was you.

Thank you Phil! Thank you for replying, I know my clean EMG points away from ALS, its just good to hear it from others who know of or have had experience with this disease. After worrying about it for the past two months, I suppose I am still a little shaken up about the whole thing. I realize that looking on the internet isn't always the best thing, but its human nature to seek answers when you don't have them. I appreciate your reasurance!

I don't think you have ALS either. A couple of months is not a long time to have symptoms. Check back with us at the end of the summer and see if there any changes.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back