FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
Now, no rude replies!
I have my POWER CHAIR§
HOORAY
exCEPT IT STILL Isnt mine but they were tired of my complaining so have lent me one the same as mine. It is incredible. I actually flew along the road with my hair blowing in the breeze. Long time since that happened. Took the dogs for a walk around the orchard twice.

Trouble is now we have to completely reorganise the house again after getting it just right for the push chair.

I went round the garden and got myself jammed in a damp spot and had to call out to a neighbour to drive round and fetch S to come and help me. He refused to take me shopping thinking I would kn ock everyone down and that I need more practice. It has been a bit scary now and then, specially going over pavements steps. IT is so much HIGHER than my other. I am onlt short and my feet so not reach the footrests on this one they are altering my own real one. But what wonderful things they are. I have felt so FREE!

Cannot get the headrest right. Does anyone else have trouble? Realise my head is falling very much to one side.

It won't go into the bathroom so that is another problem to be regulated but hey! I am NOT complaining.
WHo's a lucky girl then?
Yeay yeay yeay
Love to all

Yeay for you! That is fantastic and sooo great that you got to take the dogs for a walk. I hope that your own chair comes soon too.

So glad to hear it. You go girl!

That is wonderful news. I so hope this helps you enjoy your garden more. Enjoy your freedom but becareful. Josie

Congratulations on the PWC! I had a problem with my headrest too. It is very wide and flat, and only raised at the edges. So you don't get any side support until your head is tilted over quite a bit.

My wife improved it by taking off the headset cover and putting a couple of washcloths along the flat part to leave a hollow in the center, then putting the cover back on over the washcloths. This way I get some sideways support right at the middle where I need it.

The first time I tried going off road with my PWC it was something of a disaster. Trails that I never thought twice about back when I would run on them are suddenly rough and slanted and hard to navigate. I tried going along a narrow section with a steep dropoff to the side into a ditch. Well the chair didn't like that and tried to turn uphill, leaving me about to pitch backward into the gully! It was pretty scary. Luckily a guy came walking along then, well into his 70s but very strong and agile, and he ran over to me and leaped down into the ditch, pushing up on the chair while I engaged the motor to move away from the edge. Between us we got it turned around and we got back to the paved area. It was quite embarrassing as I thanked him sincerely but then took off in the chair and left him behind! The chair does go fast on the road.

So the moral is, be careful off road, these chairs are not ATVs (all terrain vehicles) and there are limits to what they can do.

Congratulations, Iris Marie! I'm so happy for you. Please do heed the advice about safety issues, and make sure you always have another person around when you do go out (I know, pooh-ey). Al's recent disaster is sobering.

Hal, smart wife to fix the headrest that way! I only use mine at this point when really reclined, trying to keep using the neck muscles a little longer.

Yippie! I am so happy for you today! I love that you could feel the wind in your hair. Wonderful...Love that you could go out and enjoy your garden! Happy Day ! Big Big HUGS to my dear Iris Marie, Linda

Terrific news! I am very happy for you. I guess you have proven once again that the squeeky wheel does indeed get the grease.

Good for you but remember Lesson number 1. Chair is more stable backing down inclines. Invacare ones anyway. Check with your people. Learn from the mistakes of others. You'll not live long enough to make them all yourself.

AL.

Oh dear, already had a n accident and the thing scares the life out of me now.
ALl my own fault........but no-one had warned me. I do not have the electric legs yet and they had been manually set bup high to get the foot swelling down. I wanted to take the dogs out for a walk again and had no way of lowering them alone. No problem, I thought. then went up over the pavement edge - not very high - and the whole thing tipeed over backwards. I wasnt hurt but really scared. Muckily had walkie talkie and S came to the rescue. BUt it has dmaped my enthusiasm a lot. Plus we are now going to have to take down all the door frames as well as the doors. It seems such a monster!
Learned a lesson but lost some confidence, though i did make myself go and climb the step several times afgter WITH S there.....;;

MAZEL TOV! Yes dear, please be careful, but don't lose any enthusiasm in the process. You will soon get your own new PW chair, and then you must begin the modifications necessary for the "Pals- Le Mans" in June. I am currently working on an Invacare A'tm with an added 3000 cc Alfa Romeo double-overhead cam engine, with twin Weber carburetors.(I'm going to smoke you, sweet cakes).
Racing-Ratman

Iris Marie, my heart was in my mouth when I read of your accident. See above--Al's warning. I do not ever go out of the house except on hard surfaces. You will need a little time doing turns inside the house to get used to it. I hope you can get all the doorways widened so you have access, especially to the bathroom. Hint: Always turn the chair off when you get out of it or when you will be picking up something to carry so the joystick doesn't get pushed.... I've hurt myself badly due to the chair being "on" and I forgot. Also when the joystick was under the vanity and I was trying to tilt and get over the sink better. Iris Marie, I lifted the vanity and backsplash with my knee months ago and it's still hurting. So, no cause to panic, just do things slowly and not something else along with maneuvering the chair. Not a good time to multi-task. I'm very glad you're ok!
Love you much.

THank you for the warnings. I have got my courage back and using it again. The other made my arms hurt too much.
So much love to you all

But I am not going over that kerb again till there is a ramp/ But ramps are scary, too, aren't they. Afraid of going over the edge////////:

Sweet Irismarie, I thought that I should "guess" a SAILOR! rotflmao The Monkey's made me type that! I am so glad that you have the POWER! hugs

I hope a sailor would not have thrown me off backwards;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back