Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Edmonton
I wasn't quite ready for the phone call I recieved a few minutes ago,I was having a few headaches so I emailed Sonja the Senior Rt to see if we could tweek my bipap yesterday, She just called to say there was a high probability a bed will be available sunday night and they would tweek my bipap and put a peg in monday. I was not expecting the peg for months but they thought they may as well do both. I know it is the right thing to do while I am still reasonable health but it brought home the reality of what my future holds. just needed to share, Thanks
Beverley:cry:

Beverly, I'm sure that you'll be just fine and that you will be home eating and drinking easy before you know it. :smile::smile:

Barry

Good luck Beverley! We'll be thinking of you...

Beverley,

I just had my peg put in on Oct. 7th it was an easy procedure, soreness lasts a few days no big deal. I do not need to use it yet and will get a button type peg in about 5 weeks, so I can swim, use the hot tub or take a bath. Woo hoo! I miss the hot tub.

I can relate to the reality of getting a peg because of als. But that little peg is going to make your future and mine brighter, because it will enable you to stay as healthy as you can. Go for it and good luck!

That is great! It is best to do it before you need it, so I think the timing is right. You will be glad you did it.

Thank you all. Seranade,I didn't know you could get a button peg I will look into it as I still like the tub also.The shock has worn of and know it will be Okay.

Welcome to the PEG Club Beverly.

Yes , you will be able to eat right away. I went from the hospital straight to Quizno's. I was famished.

Can I give some pointers ?

Wear baggy clothes to the hospital.
20 minutes and its all done.

They put some gauze around my peg to leave the hospital. So , I used it going forward. I soon found out that I healed up better without the gauze at all.

Ask the doctor , BEFORE they put you out for an antibiotic , just in-case of infection.

Maintenance is washing with soap and water. Flushing with tap water is a good thing too.

You dont need any luck , unless you are looking for Dr Steamy .

Glen

I'll wish you luck anyway.

AL.

Beverley, you'll be just fine. I had my peg put in only days ago. 20 minutes or so and it was all done, and less than an hour later I was on my way home. I did feel pain for a few days but nothing a Tylenol wouldn't take care of. I was advised to have the procedure before I needed it, so that's what I did.

I would agree with Glen, wear baggy clothes as they will probably only raise your shirt to do the procedure... as was the case with mine. The loose clothing will make the trip home that much more comfortable as well.

you'll do fine!

John

Beverley, Best of luck with your monday procedure. Erica

Beverly, I hope the staff pampers you greatly (the softest pillows, the comfiest gown, the best drugs and the gentleness that only Bamby's mother could give)!

Zaphoon

Glen thanks for the advice I will look for my baggiest top,Zaphoon,you are so kind and gentle I feel like I have had my back patted thank you.To everbody thank you for the encouragment. Here comes peggie.

Welcome to the PEG Club Beverly.

You dont need any luck , unless you are looking for Dr Steamy .

Glen

Beverley, Here's hoping for a Dr McSteamy for you procedure! and good luck all the way around. Let us know how it goes for you.

Beverly,
Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you today.

Thinking of you today and hope everything goes well.... Hugs, L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back