00/0000
Country
UK
State
CL
City
Stockton-On-Tees
Hi all

I had my 2nd Neuro appointment today and it went well, he said i defiantly do not have MND about 10 times (he knew i was worried sick), he said he would like me to have the nerve speed test thing again in about 4 months (as my last one was slow in right leg) but not the EMG as i didnt need it.

He said i have BFS with cramps and that i could have it for life and that i should exercise more on that leg starting gently. He said that what is wrong with my leg wont kill me but my mind would if i didnt sort myself out!

So thats it i dont need another EMG just the nerve test speed thing....

When i pushed him on me getting another EMG he said maybe in the future at some time if i wanted but he said that the one certain thing they can tell from my EMG is i dont have MND.

I asked if i could have had the EMG to early and he said no as if MND was causing the twitching then it would defiantly show up on the EMG.

I mentioned the fact that my right calf is smaller, he said does not matter no one had perfect equal size. He did not do another clinical on me, i thought he would be he didnt.

He was very thorough though in his answers so came away in much better frame of mind.

One funny thing....he mentioned about 10 times like i say that i dont have MND, but once he said something like " we dont think you have it" in conversation i jumped on that straight away and he changed it to "you have not got it".....when i came out my wife said all your thinking of is when he said "we dont think" arnt you?....and shes was right!...but thats just me :p

Just wanted to tell you all how it went

Chris

That's great chris,

be thankful for symptoms of just twitching - like I have said many times before - I have had them for 20 years, and I know the night they started! You get used to it!

Like wright says, Reeeelaaaax. Enjoy life as it comes one day at a time!

That is so great, Chris. THANKS for telling us how it came out ! :)

That's great Chris. Good news is always welcome.

Robert

That is good news! I am glad that you have some peace about this. Trust me that you do get use to twitching and mine comes and goes in severity but it is the LEAST of my concerns with mnd, so let it be the least for you as well. Enjoy your family!

Blessings

april

Great news chris!

Now, relax and enjoy this new year,
-b

Good news Chris. Go out and have an OPU as my wifes cousin used to say. He was from Bollington. OPU for the non Brits was an organized piss up. He and I had a few together.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back