Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
MD
City
Gaithersburg
I think I have suggestions of having Multifocal Motor Neuropathy (MMN) but wonder whether tongue and other cranial involvement basically rule out MMN as my neuro recently said. Anyone know of anything definitive on this? I've read that cranial involvement in MMN is "rare" or, in another article "occurs only occasionally."

Thanks Searcher

I think MMN never involves UMN, and you mentioned that you had UMN symptoms for a very long time. And MMN is a pretty rare condition, as far as I understand. But there are other conditions that mimic ALS, like CIDP. A hallmark of CIDP are reduced deep tendon reflexes, though. EMG/NCV or a biopsy should be able to dstinguish ALS from CIDP. And if your EMG is incoclusive for any kind of diagnosed, and it's been that way for quite a while, I doubt that you can gain any reliable information by asking questions here. Yeah, tongue involvement (as well as paraspinal, diaphragm, etc) are probably worse than limbs in terms of the potential diagnosed, in general. But with your speed of progression you may have many good years ahead no matter what the diagnosed is.

ptich

Why do you keep telling people not to ask questions on here? Isn't that why we have this forum? Just because you don't have any answers doesn't mean other people on here don't. There are a lot of experienced and smart people on here, so stop telling people not to ask questions. And stop saying that no one knows anything about ALS. How the heck do you know? I guess because you think you have ALS (or at least that's what it sounds like from reading your posts) and your neuro says you don't then your neuro must not know what he is talking about and you do. What exactly do you do for a living that you can question so many people on neurological diseases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back