PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

I've put off my crown replacement for over six months. I need to do it before I can't tolerate that much time in the chair.

Hi, All. Our "January thaw" came a little late - we have had high temperatures in the upper 50s to low 60s recently. But back to normal tomorrow with a high of 32. Whatever falls, as long as we don't have to shovel it, I'm good. :)

Best to all,
Bill

We lost our wonderful cat last week.

Some of you may remember that 3 years ago we lost our wonderful cat who had been with us for 13 years. That was very hard and we waited a year before getting a new-to-us used cat that was 7 years old.

He was an absolutely wonderful companion! He often slept on me, especially when I was in bed. He knew not to step or sit on my diaphram so that he did not interfere with breathing.

The plan was that he would outlive me and keep my wife (Lori) company through and after the transition. It is hard to believe he was only with us for 2 years.

He developed acute kidney failure. We tried hard to keep him going, but after 2 days it became apparent he was not going to make it. We made the painful, but correct, decision put him down last Wednesday.

We miss him greatly.

Other than that, I continue to do well.

Steve

So sorry Steve. Losing a companion animal is tough and he was pretty young.

Steve, I’m sorry for your loss. Our pets are family, and it hurts terribly when they leave us.

Steve, I'm so sorry. I love my little dog so much and know how sad it is to lose a little buddy.

So sorry Steve. It is so sad to lose a beloved pet. I don't know how I will cope if we lose either of our puppies.

Have had my BiPap for about 3 months now, but have used it very, very little. A new respiratory therapist came to the house yesterday and changed the mask and I wore it all night! What a difference. Can't wait to see if this will raise the energy level for me!

Still here. Sorry to read about your cat Steve. Hope the dentist visit goes well Kim. Good luck with the BiPAP Idaho.

Angie

Dear Steve, Our pet companions may be gone from our sight, but are forever in our hearts. So very sorry for your loss. B.

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 167
Hi folks, had a rough couple days, snow, blowing snow and cold -20, but that is winter in Canada. Bright and sunny right now but don’t know how long it will stay that way. Son and daughter In law are heading up to the cottage to do some ice fishing and skidooing will probably join them for a week or so but I will Just sit in front of the fire with a book.
Al

Still here. Still progressing. Moving to daughters in Illinois this weekend and will put house up for sale. Will purchase smaller place near my daughter as it will be good for my wife.

Thank you to everyone for passing along condolences for our dear cat Haruki. We sure miss him.

It is cold and snowy here as we have another major winter storm moving through. The snow has been so beautiful!

We have finished up making the wiring harness for the lithium battery pack for my 4 wheel drive wheelchair. The battery cells are coming from China and should be shipping any day now. I am really excited about the prospect for increasing the range of that wheelchair!

I have been out for some wheelchair rides over the last week, but they have all been pretty short (about 3 miles) due to the cold. Once I am outside for an hour, it takes me all day to warm back up.

My wife continues to search for a kitten to bring into our household, but I have told her I need to wait a bit.

Steve

Steve, the snow has moved on to Kansas where we are forecasted to get another 6" today. The seven-day outlook has two more storms moving through. The past few winters have been so mild that we forgot what winter can be like in the Heartland.

I completed my latest Radicava cycle yesterday. So happy to have the port access removed for 18 days.

Otherwise, we are ops normal.

We are experiencing very warm weather for February. Next five days will hit 80. Bummer is that the heater in the pool broke and they probably won't have it fixed in time to enjoy this warm break.

I have relatives coming today. They are my brother's daughter, grandchildren and one great-grandchild. They are staying on the ocean so they will be closer to me than to him. I've not heard a word from them so I'm planning my week around my other activities. I did make some extra desserts that will keep through the weekend. From what I've heard, their visit will only be until Sunday.

Back