PALS ROLL CALL NEW THREAD (PALS ONLY) [Wednesday or whenever]

So here is a riddle:
What is worse than a rural gravel road which does not get salt after snow/ice storms? (Hint-it's not the layers of ice and snow making travel extremely difficult)

A husband blowing his top over the fact that the garbage truck hasn't made it up our road for a week and he is in the middle of cleaning every crevise of our house in preparation for putting it up for sale. The garbage can is overflowing and he wants to put MORE in it!!

Cathy

A busy week for us. We are having the master bath remodeled to allow for a roll in wheel chair as well as eliminating the walls surrounding the toilet. I'm happy for the most part, but there are still things I would like that the contractor is digging his heels in about. Will see how that goes!
Heading to UCSF on Wednesday. They are going to use Botox to try and stop the horrible drooling and going to replace the feeding tube to stop the bleeding. In addition to that I will see the neurologist and her team. We were given the hope that the Progressive Bulbar Palsy might be changed to Isolated Bulbar Palsy, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I'm needing to use my walker most of the time, but can't complain!

Today was sunny and 62. My housemate and I drove to a nearby park (1/4 mile away) and walked Ace on the dog path (Karen, we definitely picked up his poop.) Anyway, I made it around the track a couple of times before my legs gave me the signal to stop. The sun on my face gave my mood a huge lift. Today will be the last sunny day for nearly a week, so they say.

I'd really like to know who "they" are because where I live "they" are never correct.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a haircut and facial.

Kim, “they” is in the ether. “They” say all kinds of things.

Believe it or not, I’m distressed that I can no longer pick up dog poop. Bending over kills my quads and it’s hard to straighten up. I’ve been letting my dog poop in the yard prior to taking her for her wheelchair walk ‘n’ rolls. My partner deals with the poop in the yard :oops:.

Karen, Have you seen those pooper scoopers. They have long handles. A friend at work invented the first one and she sold mass quantities at camp grounds. Temporary solution, though.

I get very frustrated when I try to do something and can't. I saw what I thought was a dropped pill on the floor and did a semi-squat to pick it up and fell on my A$$. I used the counter to pull myself up but that didn't satisfy me. I went into the bathroom and got back down on the floor and rolled up onto my hurt knees, then managed to get up that way. I don't understand why I did that. It just made my knees hurt worse. Then I had to test my breathing, just to prove something is not progressing. I suppose some day I will stop testing myself. I always let the young fellows test my strength, reflexes and whatever they want to do. I even let one doctor do her first EMG on my arm. I don't know what I'm expecting.

Back to the dog thing. My housemate loves Ace. He picks up the poop and changes his pee pad every morning. Ace sleeps with him. He feeds him and takes him to get his nails clipped. Now he started giving him a monthly bath (toy fox terriers don't smell but they do shed.) I'm lucky there.

Good morning everybody! Nice to hear about the doggies today. We’ve got little ones and a fenced yard for their duties. Since neither of us can do the picking up any more we have a “pet waste removal” service. It’s really a nice young man who provides all sorts of pet care services in our neighborhood and is a real angel.

Today is our second day of historic low temperatures in Minnesota. Schools and many businesses have been closed for two days. No mail delivery today. It was minus 27 F this morning so we’re not going anywhere!

Winter out my front window.

Attachments

• 68E226B1-8570-4480-BDEF-FF503B3E852B.jpg
    68E226B1-8570-4480-BDEF-FF503B3E852B.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 213
Been in a rough place last 2 weeks. Seems platues are nonexistent as I go deeper into the nightmare.

Warm weather helps so I can get out some
Hope you all have a good week
Love ya all
Chally

Present and accounted for

Cold and snow here this past week. It’s felt really good to hibernate and keep the fireplace on. Looking forward to a clinic visit tomorrow, just hope the trip isn’t too bad. Best wishes to all!

Started another round of Radicava yesterday.

Saw the Pulmonary folks at the VA last week. FVC was 111% and FEV1 was 78%. They put me on an inhaler three months ago because of my COPD from years of smoking. It seems to be helping as both numbers are up. The FEV1 is the highest it has ever been since this journey started.

Otherwise, it is ops normal in Kansas.

Good morning all, freezing rain here, I see hydro workers behind our house clearing brush from around the hydro lines. I guess preventative maintenance.All good
Al

Freezing rain and sleet here as well. had a good visit with my VA PT Monday--she does lots of measurements and is always encouraging at my fairly slow rate of progression, though I can remember when I first saw her I was still walking without aids. We did manage to get to a concert Saturday--Banda Magda an international group playing an eclectic mix of music that would be hard to categorize--high energy, multi-lingual. We enjoyed it. This Sunday we'll change styles and listen to a baroque harpsichord keyboardist. Looking forward to warmer weather.

Ed

I'm tired today. The thing I noticed is that I'm good for one thing each day. If I plan on playing cards in the afternoon, I can't plan anything for evening. If I go to church Sunday morning, I need to take the rest of the day easy.

Part of it is the colder weather. I do much better when it's hot. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and it bothers me that something like THAT will be my "thing" for the day.

Saturday evening I'm going to a play. I really wanted to go to a benefit that morning but I had to choose. I do realize I'm very fortunate to still be getting around as good as I do.

Went to dentist yesterday and I am worn out today. Most likely my last visit. My list of ALS lasts continues to grow.

Back