Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Today I saw a billboard that said " help us cure ALS". I don't think that would have happened a year ago. There was a website for donations but I could not read it in time to see what organization. It was on the main road that connects my small town with our larger neighbor so it gets a lot of traffic.

I'm more interested in what ALSA is doing with that $120 Million.

I am impressed. Haven't seen the like in the Atlanta area. Wonder who sponsors the sign. - - - would contribute to this specific program ! !

I think it will be 50 or more years before this disease is "cured". its probably not one, but a number of different diseases caused by a combination of lifestyle, environmental, emotional and genetic susceptibilities. Which is why I think the phase 2 studies the fda carries out are absurd.
Ask any scientist how many cells they need for complicated experimental systems and they will tell you many. They should be enrolling hundreds if not thousands of patients for their phase 2 trials to have any hope of success in seeing real positive outcomes. And its not like they dont have a willing population-what do we have to lose.
this is what happens when you have bureaucrats running your systems.

Greybeard, you can go to their site and see where they are allocating much of the money, and a majority is going to research, even non-traditional (natural) research. I think they need to find a way to keep the public eye on ALS and hope some of that money is used for that as well. There will never be a repeat of the IBC but they can create a campaign that ties into or remembers/relates to it.

Wonderful Nikki, lets hope for some action. I am running out of time.

Janie

I would like to see money spent on research with THC... The THC and mnd lab mice experiment was by the results, the most promising ever recorded. But no further studies or trials....!

Me too. There are now bills in both houses of CONgress to abolish federal laws in states with Medical Marijuana and to make it a Schedule two drug instead of sked one. That will allow research. It might pass, except for the booze and police lobbies.

Let's hope so GB...The association visitors we have saw the results too and are flabagasted... I am getting my pain management moved to our local hospital were Dr Willy Notcutt is based.He has trialled sativex here for pain and MS patients and see why nothing is being done. Hopefully the change in the States will help change minds over here too

I am so glad to see this too, there is so much more awareness!

>Which is why I think the phase 2 studies the fda carries out are absurd.

what a cynic! I agree totally :) ... progress w/ fda:

Attachments

• Canadian IceBreaker.jpg
    Canadian IceBreaker.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back