Diagnosis
07/2004
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
McHenry
Three of my neighbors has ALS can Radon be a Cause. Location is the only thing that have in common.

This is what research I could find available online;

Ecological correlates of motor neuron disease mortality: a hypothesis concerning an epidemiological association with radon gas and gamma exposure - Springer

You can also find it on Researchgate;
Ecological correlates of motor neuron disease mortality: a hypothesis concerning an epidemiological association with radon gas and gamma exposure. - ResearchGate

I know that the chronic disease epidemiology group also does research on environmental contributors to ALS, you can find more about this here;
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/research/atniehs/labs/epi/chronic/

An english study;
Ecological correlates of motor neuron disease mortality: a hypothesis concerning an epidemiological association with radon gas and gamma exposure. | VHL Search Portal

However there is no medical research today ( these studies are both almost ten years old ) that proves any link whatsoever between ALS and Radon. Neither is Radon proven to affect the central nervous system ( which for instance radiation is ). There are however geographical clusters where ALS is more prominent, and this is what CDEG investigates, among other things.

Hey there Lmaire, let's try to keep a given topic in only one forum at a time ... no dups...

GregK. I didn't see anything regarding radon. Sorry. I lost my husband in 2009 to ALS and now my best friend has it. Trying to link the two together somehow. Hoping to help anyone from having to deal with this horrible condition in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back