Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
South Carolina
City
Rock Hill
I have had the trilogy for a little over a week and have a knot on the top of my nose from the mask, the machine works well but I have to put a bandage over my nose to keep it from getting worse. Any suggestions?

Home Health gave me a blue thing it's made for your nose that works great it comes in package they may have them at Drug Store

I had the same problem, got a new mask. They do have different masks for the Trilogy. Your respiratory therapist should be able to help you obtain a new model and have insurance or medicare pay for it.

For my mask. I buy what's called remz. It's like a cloth gasket that covers the whole mask and gives a better seal.

Great tips. I am still working on getting used to mine.

they have the rubber strips, but after time the skin breaks down, and pretty much with my husband stayed red and raw.

Couple suggestions perhaps...
What mask are you currently using? (and size)

As has been suggested, your provider hopefully can get you different masks to try. Don't be afraid to try a larger size too. Even though my RT provider said a medium was the perfect fit, the large mask works better for me because it moves the top of the mask higher on my nose and lets the pressure get shared more on my cheeks.

I use the Resmed Quattro FX with great results. Others have said they like it too. And two other popular choices are the Resmed Mirage Quattro, and Resmed Mirage Liberty.

Lastly you can try adding a little Duoderm gel on your nose where the pressure spot. You will probably have to find that online.

I was having cuts and sore bumps on my nose while using the ResMed Quattro, but I switched to the ResMed Quattro Air and I've not had another cut or sore. CHANGE IS GOOD! I also have a ResMed Mirage Swift II CPAP Nasal Pillows for the days when I'm stuck in bed and want to see the TV easier.

Thanks, my son bought a jelly-like strip that goes across my nose, feels better but it is too large, I am going to try and cut it back, the therapist will be back in 2 weeks. I tried walking on the treadmill with it on today, 15 minutes at 1.2, resting every 5 minutes and I thought I was not going to recover, hard to believe I was going 5 miles a day at 3.5 a year ago, I can still walk,slowly, this bulbar is attacking my lungs and diaphragm, I have faculations and slurred speach but it could be worse, thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back