Learn about ALS
Country
BRA
State
são paulo
City
franca
hello
ja I would ask questions, this forum will ask a question that should have made ​​this start, because I'm diabetic, I focused my spasm als or bfs, but high blood glucose can cause twitching.
grateful for an answer?
att
olimpio

Yes, diabetic people can have muscle twitching like anybody else.
Although, for diabetics, it can due to peripheral neuropathy (lack of nerve stimulation to the muscles) and poor circulation, both of which leads to decreased blood flow to the muscles, which causes muscle atrophy, which includes twitching.

Carlos

I am a diabetic and have had 4 doctors tell me that having a higher blood sugar count helps slow down the progression of ALS. They said to have a high carb diet, and they said it was ok to eat ice cream but it should be the expensive type. But I had diabetes for 4 years and didn't have twitching until I had MND-ALS.

I am a diabetic and have had 4 doctors tell me that having a higher blood sugar count helps slow down the progression of ALS. They said to have a high carb diet, and they said it was ok to eat ice cream but it should be the expensive type. But I had diabetes for 4 years and didn't have twitching until I had MND-ALS.

Well,

I don't know what to say but, at my ALS Clinic, I've been told otherwise. Been told to stay away from Carbs and/or sweets and to ingest a high fat diet. They told me that a high fat diet is supposedly to slow ALS/MND progression down as the fats go straight to the mitochondria and it's used as "efficiently as fuel" by the motor neurons still alive.

My 2 cents here.

Carlos

well, now I'm in doubt and spasms due to uncontrolled hyperglycemia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back