Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
My legs are very weak and my sense of balance is horrid. After finishing in the bathroom, to pull up my pants requires me to lean against a wall or place my head against the wall so I don’t fall over.

Maybe I should start wearing a kilt and stop worrying about pants. LOL!

I know several manly men with ALS that wear kilts. I personally love to see men in kilts! Men's legs are my favorite parts.

My legs are very weak and my sense of balance is horrid. After finishing in the bathroom, to pull up my pants requires me to lean against a wall or place my head against the wall so I don’t fall over.

Maybe I should start wearing a kilt and stop worrying about pants. LOL!

I like kilts too! But wouldn't that require crouching at the urinal:?:

Just this morning, I mentioned to my husband I may have to go bra-less - cuz it's an ordeal getting it on - takes a few tries, huffs and puffs and a few choice words before I can finally snap everything into place!. He looked at me smiling and said "why don't you get some "front loaders? ". :lol::lol:

You would look good in a kilt-ha! Hang in there, even though I am not diagnosed with ALS, i can relate to your problems some.

Since I sit all day and only get up to use the bathroom and it makes it so much easier for anyone taking care of me my sister and a friend has made me skirts that are open down the back and tie at the waist the reason for ties is as your body changes you will see why.

Some people likes sports bras I am not a fan of them

Sports bras are very difficult to get on and off if you have limited use of your hands.

I agree Marta, I found some really light weight ones though at wally world, not heavy and binding like most so I guess they really are not Sports bras just light hold'ems....lol. And wrap skirts are the best! Also slip over the head long dresses, empire, but you would look funny in them Syekick...:), Kilt would work or a wrap around sarong, guys here wear them, it's Polynesian.

Putting my bra on and off has now become a two person job (with the PEG). I'm a bit nervous about doing it up in the front and whirling it around like I used to. Afraid I'll hook the PEG and jerk it out in the rotation. Hubby is more than happy to help! He says he'd been trying to help with that job for the last 30 years and it took MND to get me on board, better late than never.

Putting my bra on and off has now become a two person job (with the PEG). I'm a bit nervous about doing it up in the front and whirling it around like I used to. Afraid I'll hook the PEG and jerk it out in the rotation. Hubby is more than happy to help! He says he'd been trying to help with that job for the last 30 years and it took MND to get me on board, better late than never.

Ha Sally - I'm thinking your hubby knows mine. I may just try your whirling technique - instead of the back flip dance. .. at least until I resort to the front loaders. :shock: Gee whiz - all the poor guy was trying to tell us was he thought a kilt would suit him and we've absconded with the thread talking bras. :p So do ya know if sports bras come in lace?:confused:

But we're still laughin'. :p

Mmmmm, love me some men in kilts! Go for it! Share pictures!

And for the loose booby brigade, I bought some front hook bras from Soma Intimates. They are like a sports bra on the back in style, but regular bra on the front with a metal slide and push clasp thingie. My shoulders and hands are much much happier now! Pricey, but totally worth it!

LOL, thanks for the laughter. My husband and I just read your post. He is exactly like you pulling up his pants! I guess we have to find the humor with this horrible disease! Thank you!

this issue seems to be garnering a lot of interest......Syekick let me know if you find any good kilt outlet stores in the area.....lol.....take care my friend.....cheers....fp

After a day at the clinic yesterday with my husband, this gave me a chuckle that I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back