Just Five Short Years Ago Today... Wow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason's Dream

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
As Usual
City
On My Own
Its hard to believe, 5 years ago today we found out we were expecting our first child,... William. I can still remember you getting annoyed with me, my Darling, at the possibility of me making you late for work that day. Watching you walk to the car, knowing that our lives would forever be changed, seeing your face as I gave you a basket (as you got into the car) that surprised you with the news of the expected arrival of our first born son. Once we confirmed with blood tests, that indeed, we were expecting... remembering how you wanted to tell the world.. that very day. We were soo in love, so happy... soo ignorant of how our lives would change over the course of the next five years. Just five short years ago.. naive college students... My, how he has changed our world. Remembering how proud you were that first fathers day, walking into church with your new shirt announcing our expected child,... how you absolutely fell in love with him the night of his birth, as you hovered over his bassinette and then held your first born son in your arms, forever changing your life and mine. What an amazing time we have had with you, sweet William. You are your father's pride and your momma's joy. What a blessing you have been to us, as we have had the honor and pleasure of watching you embrace this new world around you and grow into the sweet loving little boy that stole our hearts soo long ago. Momma is soo proud of you, and Dadda, I am sure, my Love, is watching over you, so proud of your milestones,.. We love you dearly, my sweetheart, my little boy... forever, my baby. ♥

Hug that sweet little boy for me, and I know Jason is watching over you all smiling. Hugs Becka

It's hard to fathom what you have lived through in those five years. Hugs and love to you Becca.

I have no words, just tears. I wish you God's Comfort.

Pass the tissues.

Becca,

Its YOUR time now! You and the kids. It sickens me everytime I see a post about family members (You, CJ and Missy to name a few). Sometimes its just plain cruel to just plain ignorance. And I don't know which is worse. I believe I have said it before, you cut those apron strings the day you married, and you have no plans to sew them back. You have shown them as hard as it is, that you can do this with the help from your real family.

Please, take care of the 3 of you. We all love you here,

Thank you dear friends. I really appreciate it.

Here is a partial exert from my journal the day we found out..

".....Jason had to be at work at 1pm (he had morning classes that day, and mine were canceled). He and his boss were going to be traveling to a different city to pick up some art for the gallery he works at. Jason is very punctual about time commitments and gets annoyed if anything makes him late. I called him and...

(me) said:" Hon, I will meet you at your work at 1pm, but I might be a few minutes, late. Can you please wait a couple of minutes if I don't get there right on time?"

(Jason) he replied: " Babe, I think, if anything, we will be leaving before one. Why do you need to meet me (thinking that she [me] knew that I was going to do this today and why does she [me] want to meet me at work?"

(me) I replied: " I have something to give to you. Ok?"

(Jason) a bit annoyed replied "Ok, fine, see you then."

(Later he informed me that he was wondering what I was going to bring him to work, and could only figure... it must be FOOD... men :)

I hopped in and took a quick shower, and then took an easter basket (that was neutral in color) and had a stuffed animal, a book "My Boys Can Swim [written by a guy to guys]", 4 baby blocks that spelt out "BABY", a bib that said "I love Daddy", a note with pictures of baby feet that I wrote inside "Congratulations PaPa", and of course... the test (in a little baggy).

I drove to his work, and still to this day, I can still remember watching him come out from his work walking towards our car, and thinking "Our lives are about to change Babe, and you don't even know it yet".

He got in the car, and I put the basket in his lap. His eyes widened and he giggled, as I blurted out "Hon, We're Pregnant!".

(Jason) he replied: "Huh?!?!... Are you sure?!?!"

(me) I replied: "read the test!"

(Jason) he replied: " I know what the test says, but have you ever had a false positive before?"

(me) I replied: "In all our 3+years of trying to conceive, I've never had a positive on a pregnancy test before"

I told him that after I got done telling him that I was going to the health center on campus to confirm it was a blood test, but I just had to tell him first. He was glad to hear that I was going to get the blood test, and I think he thought the blood test would make it more official for him.

So after we hugged and kissed, he got out and went back into work and I went to the health center on campus. .."

You see, it took us over 3 years to get pregnant. We had been through fertility treatments, and was even told, the only way we'd get pregnant was through invitro fertilization. So this was a very big day for the both of us. <3

I'm so happy you have him Dear One. Xoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back