Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
US
State
MI
City
Tecumseh
Hi, my name is Darlene, my husband Jerry was told he has ALS in Nov. 2010. Jerry is 69 now. We were told that it would be quick! Whatever that means....Well my Iis still with me. Thank God. But I get so scared, I'm his caregiver. I'm new so I don't know want to say. We went to Uof Michigan hospital, now we Dr. with in Adrian. All of you have my prayers. I know I pray alot. Don't what to expect next. Jerry is on pain med's to help his pain. Jerry has very high blood pressure. Stomachs issues which I don't understand. If anyone could give me some tips I sure would be very happy. We live in a rural area of Michgan. Not close to any big hospitals. Thank You, I hope I make some sense to you....I'm very new at this. Darlene

So sorry your here Darlene. Just take it one day at a time and read...read...read...these forums. There is so much info. here. More then the doctors ever tell you. What might not be important to them is important to you so ask questions. Welcome

Hi Darlene, my husband was diagnosed in 9-2011, and he is from Clinton,he's 76. HIS IS progressing fast too. Reading these old posts helps me alot or ask questions someone will know the answer. Bella

Hi Darlene,

You sound like a loving and caring wife. All you can do is your best everyday. keep reading here and ask any questions no matter how small or silly. so many smart and kind people here to help you out. I wish you and your husband all the best...

Hi Darlene,

I can't tell you how helpful the people are in these forums. They are full of good advice, will listen as we rant and rail against the unfairness of this disease, a shoulder to cry or whine on.....I'm sorry you have to be here, but this is one of the best places to be.....It is hard to be a wife and caregiver, you are doing your best! Some days for me, it is one moment at a time, then the next....we'll help hold you up!

Jen

Welcome Darlene to our family. I just want to encourage you (like the others already have) to ask, and ask and ask some more. We are a very knowledgeable and loving family. Again, welcome,

Welcome Darlene and sorry you had to find this forum.

Are you in contact with the ALSA Michigan or the ALS of Michigan? I assume the UofM clinic would have referred you, but you never know. They have both been helpful to us.

Welcome Darlene to our forum family. Definitely search the forums with your specific questions, bet you'll find many ideas. If you can't find what you're looking for, just start a post asking about it. We're all still learning from each other.

Good luck, and take it one day at a time... I'm sure you're doing great.

Hi Darlene, You have found a great forum to participate in. The people here are some of the absolute best there are. They have been or are going through the fire. My hubby was diagnosed last year but is progressing slow. Ask questions, read, then ask more questions. You will probably find out as I have that most doctors don't know squat about ALS! There are some good ones out there but they seem to be scarce. I've had to educate our local docs and take a stand on occasion where my hubby was concerned. I also have recently (yesterday) been overwhelmed by it all and posted a rant! It does help. You need to have a outlet. So, join right in, we're here for you!

Welcome to the forums, Darlene. I hope that you'll find the answers to your questions here. This has been a very supportive group for me. Don't know what I'd do without the caring and compassion of these folks.

Darlene, this forum has been a huge source of information and support for me, I think you will find the people very warm and welcoming. I would definately recommend contacting the ALS Society along with the MDA - they can provide support, equipment and so much more. This is a difficult road to travel but you are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back