Learn about ALS
Country
IRL
State
Kilkenny
City
Kilenny
Hi there all

I have posted before and to be fair reading back on my post I think i did sound like a lunatic ( as I was very nicely told by a number of you on here), but here I am again probably being even more a lunatic and I know that as I write this it is probably anxiety but I just cant stop myself.

Brief history - Mid - October 2011, I started experiencing what I thought were speech problems insofar as I didnt think my s sounds sounded right - this issue is still ongoing but nobody seems to notice except myself so I am assuming now that there is not an issue. However for the past couple of weeks, I have a strange symptom in that when I drink water I feel like it is irrating my nose (it is not coming down my nose) but I feel it is in my nose - dont know if that makes sense. I am also getting twitches which started in my right foot and are now in my calf, leg, left foot, arms, shoulders and tongue. (I can actually feel the twitches in my tongue - I stopped looking at my tongue a while back as I was really driving myself mad.

I suffer with fairly bad sinusitis so am hoping the nose issues are related to that but they are new and Im not back to my ent for a couple of months and coupled with the twitches it is really freaking me out.

My daughter who is 3 has been recently diagnosed with chrons disease which is extremely rare and serious and in children of her age and i am very worried about her and I assume that is not helping the twitches as I am constantly wound up and tense. And after a good couple of months of chilling out in relation to ALS, I am wound up about this again because of the new symptoms. This is also adding to anxiety eventhough I know I dont exactly fit the profile for ALS onset - 39 year old female, my daughter doesnt fit the profile for chrons either so stats are meaning nothing to me at the moment.

The questions I have really are in relation to the following:
Twitches - are they usually confined to one area or are they widespread and are they continous or sporadic.
The nose issue - if there was genuinly an issue in the bulbar region would the water actually be coming down my nose and would I be choking.

Oh I have been back to my General Practitioner but he just told me I dont have ALS and didnt even look at me - I suppose if he even did a little bit of a neuro exam I would have been happy - I know I need to go back again but am nervous about it now as I feel he will dismiss me again. Part of me feels he is correct and I have done this to myself by stupidly looking up something on the internet that has led me into this pit of anxiety.

Many thanks again for reading this.

Dear Polly, you don't have ALS. It's your sinus issues and nerves. I'm sorry about your daughter's diagnosis. Chrones is a serious condition for sure. No wonder you're anxious. Can your doctor prescribe some sort of meds for your anxiety?

Please stay off this site as it will add to your anxiety. You are the one that needs to control yourself rather than working yourself up to hysteria and then looking to strangers with serious life threatening issues for comfort. I'm sorry for your distress. Please do something about it Dear.

Mrs Pie

Thank you for your response. Since I have last posted I have gone back to my GP, who still feels I am stressed out about everything that is going on, however has said if things continue as they are will refer me a neurologist... I think this was to placate me though as opposed to him really thinking I need a referral.

My tongue is driving me mad now, certainly I was not having any tongue twitches up until recently. the twitches are isolated and I can feel them, they happen about 10 times a day. I caught a look at one quite by accident and it looked like a pulse on my tongue it pulsed about 3 times and then stopped and left a tingling feeling. This is what happens now regularaly.
AGain I probably know the answer to this but this sound like an ALS twitch, am I correct in assuming that if it were ALS the twitching wouldnt stop. Tongue is very scalloped when rested in mouth but clearly this is due to my teeth and the shape of them. Thanks againg.

Polly, it sounds nothing like my ALS twitches. Give this several months time and like your doctor said, if the symptoms persist, go back to her and get a referral for more testing. Please don't read these threads and add to your stress. Give your daughter a hug and do things that are healthy and good for you both and give you both joy. I wish you Joy.

Thank you Mrs. Pie, anxiety is a terrible thing. You are right in your assessment of my symptoms - deep down I know that. So I am now banning myself from this forum and others like it as it is only making me worse. Thanks again for you help and support and I wish you the very best.

Health anxiety sucks, read my threads....pm me, we can talk next step and pharmas, that saved me...........plus which way to go neuro, therapy and communications....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back