Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Janf, I love to constantly remind myself of God's promises, like the rainbow. I went all over the internet looking at rainbows. There are some really beautiful one's out there and some weird ones. Like this one with the rainbow in the storm. It reminds me that you have to have clouds and a storm of sorts to even see God's promise sometimes. Much like my life. which I take for granted, so many times, until He drops a subtle reminder in my lap.

I almost lost my 12 month old granddaughter this week when she went into seizers from high temperature due to the flu and she quit breathing and her heart stopped. The paramedics were able to do cpr on her until she got to the hospital. After treating her for her high fever and giving her medicine, they let her go home the next day. She has been doing great since then. Thank God.

That was about 5 days ago and she just left here a little while ago. She came over to get her birthday present and to see us. How precious is the gift of life God has given us, our children, and grandchildren. I love my grandchildren, but I realize without God's help I could have lost this precious gift. Her name is Isabella.

Anyway here is another of the rainbows, this one with the tornado, wow.

God Bless,
Capt AL

OUCH, OUCH, OH THAT HURTS! Didn't even know I had a muscle there much less one that hurts. Good grief I'm sore all over.

No honey, I'm sorry I can't do that for you, I can't move remember?

Common comments for a day like today after the falls yesterday.

Common response from my wife, Well dummy I told you not to do that.
I know, I know, But somebody needed to do it.

I ought to just number my excuses and say, it's number 3 honey. Get's boring I imagine for her hearing my worn out lame excuses for why I'm falling because I'm trying to do something I use to be able to do and just can't accept the fact that I can no longer do things.

Aren't men hardheaded? Don't answer that.

God Bless
Capt AL or what's left of him. :-D :mrgreen: :) :roll: :lol:

Hey AL. Cut yourself some slack! (You'll need it after bouncing around on the floor.) I don't think we are in denial. Look at it this way, you've trusted those legs for how many years now? So old habits die hard. It is only natural to forget and try to do something that we've been able to do for as long as we remember.

By the way, I don't know if you are a drinking man or not but after my first fall Grampa Al recommended merlot with my tylenol. As I've heard it said many times on this forum, "what's it gonna do, kill us?" :-D

Hey. Capt. Al. I've told you before. God looks after fools and little children. AL.

Ha, HA, HA, And God knows how foolish I am. The proof is in my postings. How many times have I told on myself? Too many I guess. But maybe it will help someone else not make the same mistake and even bring a smile on their face as they picture me falling all over the place.:lol:

I need to make a commercial for tv about the one where I've fallen and I can't get up!

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year. Geez, it's gonna be 2007 already?

God Bless
Capt. AL

Gods creations

Mt. Pockets THANKS FOR SHARING BEAUTIFUL ICONS. Thank God his hand held your grandchild. I so love mine too, you know my new g-girl was born Dec.6her name is Jolynn Bailey Barrentine. what blessings we have. I'm so thankful you still have Isabella what a( beautiful name) for the new year. God Bless You mt. Pockets. love to you and yours. janfranks ga. girl

Thanks so much Ga Girl for your comments. Seems like everyone in the family is sick with one thing or another this time of year. My little Isabella granddaughter was back in hospital last night with seizers due to high fever again. Poor little thing sure has been sick. They said it was due to severe ear infection? They filled her full of antibiotics, we are praying for the best.

I have been having trouble breathing at night due to build up of fluids in my lungs. Been up since 3am again, just trying to get air. Hard to use a Bi-Pap machine when your nose is stopped up. Trying to nurse it till the holidays are over and my regular Doctor is back in his office. My sweet saint of a wife called several times this morning and all we get is the answering service. Everyone is out for the holidays.

If I'm not online for a few days I may have to go into the hospital and get some breathing therapy. If it's for very long maybe my wife can give you an update. Her name is Marge the magnificent, for putting up with me.

My levallbuterol asthma medicine is just not working good enough to clear my lungs out, so probably need some steroids and all that jazz for a few days. If I miss everyone because of that, I'll just wish God's Blessings upon you and yours for the new year now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I love you guys.

God Bless
Capt. AL :confused: :shock:

Get well soon, Capt. Al. Happy New Year to you and Marge. :)

Liz

Hey Capt. Al. You'll be fine. Are you using a full face mask on the Bipap? It makes it easier to breathe when you are stuffed up. You and Marge have a Happy New Year and hope you don't spend it in hospital. AL.

Hey Captain Al. Happy New Year to you and Marge and the rest of the family. Here's hoping that nobody needs to spend too long in the hospital but if you go in, Al, best wishes for a speedy recovery! Cindy

Finally home from hospital. Thank God. Had to spend over 9 days in the hospital with all kinds of test and iv antibiotics to get to where I could breath again without coughing my lungs up. It's so nice to be back online and catch up on how you all are getting along.

Seems the initial feeling by the docs is somehow the ALS may be causing my Lungs to spasm? Anyone ever hear of that one? I know my muscle were spasing like crazy because my ck was up a bunch. I had fluid in my lungs but after they got that out I was still coughing like crazy. All kinds of cough medicine would not stop it.

It started with the flu and settled in my lungs by the 2nd week and then 3 weeks later I finality went to hospital to see my Neurologist and passed out twice while trying to talk to her, she sent me straight to the er and they admitted me for 9 days of needle punching torture.

Personally, I think I had the Katrina Crud.
Thank God I"m back home.

God Bless,
Capt AL

Capt. Al -

So glad your back in business. The forum isn't the same without you. Are you feeling any better or just well enough to get sprung loose?

Liz

Good morning Al. Nice to see you are back on line! How is you health holding up as far as the Katrina-Crud goes?

Thanks so much everyone. The people here at the forum have become some of my best friends. I missed you terribly. Thanks for being there when I needed you. I love you guys.

I'm soooo glad to be back online and back in my own bed at night. I slept 11 hours last night. They kept waking me in the hospital to take blood or give breathing treatment so did not ever get a good night of rest. Due to high levels of my ck and heart enzymes they thought I had congestive heart failure or something else going wrong with my heart. So I was on a monitor constantly, and ekg every morning. I'm feeling much better now.

The cough is almost gone now and my lungs are clear, so I am doing a lot better. I did some research this morning on the drugs they had me on while in the hospital and found some interesting information. They had me on 18 different medications and some I had never heard of so I wanted to find out what they were.

One interesting drug they used that actually helped my cough better than the cough meds was Zanaflex. It works as a muscle relaxer and made me sleepy. I felt like I had been put halfway to sleep with it, but it suppressed my coughing. The part I did not like about it was I found out it reduces muscle tone? Have to be very careful with that one. Of course they had me on several steroids to reduce the lung inflammation. They also had me on 2 types of IV antibiotics the whole time I was in there. So if there was any infection it should be killed off by now.

They also increased my Bi-Pap settings which helped me sleep better when they would let me. They also put on a sexy pair of white stockings that came all the way up my legs. My legs and feet had swollen terribly and this helped reduce the swelling. I asked them if they came in a Barber pole color, but no just white. Maybe I can tie dye them? Anyone old enough to remember that craze?

Well better go catch up on my backlog of e-mails.
God Bless
Capt AL :rolleyes:

Edna May

[Hi one & all I am much releived that I am not alone on the falling business. My husbansd Jack hovers over me all the time to try to catch me. & gets very annoyed when I find it funny when I'm on the floor. Hey Al I loved that thumbprint, hope you don't mind I copied it.EM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back