Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
IS
State
Israel
City
Jerusalem
i only joined the forum about a week ago and this is my first attempt seeking guidance and encouragement. i'm fast losing my determination to achieve the goals i set myself when first diagnosed last maaarch. i am having problems wqith my bowels . . . among other things! any a&gwld really be appreciated. thanks in advance AND thanks to those lovely people who welcomed me . . .

Diana,
Good to see you posting. Everyone is different in their progrssion so it's hard to say. Most folks will be on here in the day hours for the USA which will be the night for you..But I know others may beable to help answer your questions as I myself was diagnosed last November. So I am still learning and are here for support and comfort. Again Welcome!

Israel is the one place I would love to visit if I could go anywhere., my family roots are there... :)

Yes;
Everyone is different, so it is hard to offer advice that works in every case. I have some things that help....
Anything that you can do to exercise your abdomen obviously is helpful. Anyone who can breath can do yoga. If you still have mobility, you might look into this.

Yogurt helps foster good digestive health and I try to eat this as a snack. I eat the 0% fat version and it keeps my craving for sweets down with a bit of honey on top....plain, without the fruit syrup is better, I think.

If none of this is possible or loose bowels are the problem, then I think you are in for either some over the counter or prescribed medication.

Hope some of this is helpful.

- Jerry

Give your Doctor a call and explain things to him. Like Jerry said they're many medications to help. There is no reason to be uncomfortable.
I joined last month and learned more from this site than any Doctor told me.
We're all in this together even though miles apart. You have friends here.
Stay well,
Susan

I had this problem and found that Ensure shakes help out a lot. Everyone is different..but I personally wasn't getting the amount of vitamins/nutrition that I needed on a day to day basis because of my limited diet. I take one daily...and it has helped the problem I would say about 80 percent of the time....would be worth a try :) Welcome again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back