Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
WA
City
Lake Stevens
After nearly 3 months of not being able to use the bipap they reset it from 20/8 to 8/4. Is it any wonder! I now am able to sleep with it all night and feeling better. I took a fall last night when I sneezed it threw me back. My right thigh is very sore I think maybe sciatic nerve pain? I have a loaner powerchair and am needing to start using it darn it.

Rox, so glad your bipap is set the right way finally! Your wait for that was ridiculously long. Oh, powerchairs are such a help--bet you find you have loads more energy by using it. Between the fixed bipap and the power chair you really will feel better. And I'm sorry about the fall. Ouch!

20/8! No wonder you couldn't get used to it. Who was the sadist that started you at that kind of pressure? I've been BiPAP 24/7 for a year and a half and my pressure settings are 18/5.

glad the bipap will be able to help you know. I hope the power chair hopes as well, no more falls! :)

so glad to hear you are breathing easier! and sorry about the fall-

You have the right to BLAST your pulmonologist or whoever set the bipap originally! My husband's original setting was 10/5 and he had been using a cpap for years!

Here is the deal the company supplying my bipap said the original order was for 20/8. When I saw the doctor he said the order was for 10/8 and the absolute lowest he would go is 8/4. My guess is that whoever transcribed the original order at my suppliers put in wrong number into their computer system. When they received the last order they kept saying they had not received it and then my RT said it went to the wrong office and obviously no one tried to find out where it should go. My RT even after I told her there was a new order for two weeks she never followed through to find out where it was. If it were not for the fact this company is my preferred provider they would be fired.

Rox I am so glad you are getting some sleep now! No more falls now ok, sending you a hug, take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back