Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helen, Where will your kids get to go? I'm glad they are coming to Alaska in the summer - it is the most beautiful place in the world. They will be a long way from home! I admire the leaders who have the organizational skills and patience to take on a trip like this with a bunch of youngsters.

Oh Peter, with obscenities like Buggar and Bloody hell you most definitely ARE an Aussie, although both are used rather frequently here in NZ. Hey Peter,where the Bloody hell have you been ,you buggar? Whoops sorry ladies!
Let me try again!
Peter, my dear chap, what have you been doing recently? Why, pray tell, have you not been fore taking in our rather great little forum?
Hope I have not insulted all you rather lovely ladies, during our tea session.

Oh I just had an epiphany. Peters not been here, because I never keep off the forum long enough to give anyone else a say........soooooooory.
Aly

Hot Damn! Or, as we say in Massachusetts, "Wicked"!

Jo, the boys are going to be going to Denali National Park, and a lot of other places that I don't remember! Funny thing is, the older scouts are in charge of organizing the trip (with their leaders' help of course), so it was a bit funny to hear from one 16-year-old describing how the airlines didn't believe him when he called asking for prices for 35 scouts and 10+ adults to fly from Boston to Alaska.

Going back to the game, just saw the halftime show which wasn't as good as previous years (sound system sucked)

Peter bless your bloody soul, I believe I will partake of some rm and coke. No mice though, leave them for the buggers...lol. Seriously I would love to see Australia!

Aly,
I have been around reading the "tea" thread and having a giggle about the chooks.
When I was young we used to have some on the farm. My job was to feed them the kitchen scraps, wheat, collect the eggs etc.
Did not name them though as when they didn't produce eggs they ended up on the table.:shock:

Sorry to all the named chooks, but that was just what happened on farms.

Cheers
Peter

When we first moved on to our 10 acre block 15 years ago, we purchased 2 weanling steers. One was called Chocolate. My daughter Olivia was about 2 at the time. A year passed and Choclate found a new home in our freezer. Olivia now 3. 1/2 asked for a chocolate sandwich. Being a good mum I got out the nutella, made the sandwich and was puzzled when she said yuck. She was meaning a roast beef sandwich from the previous nights leftovers. And yes it had been chocolate we were eating! Farms don't you just love them.

Nice to hear from you.

And you Americans.....is superbowl football or baseball?

Superbowl Sunday is for (American) Football... not to be confused with soccer, called football everywhere else in the world!

Baseball has the World Series, usually in October.

My Mom actually used to feed the mice in this old house (111 years old now), kept an ashtray full of dog food next to the mouse hole for them... I evicted the freeloading little buggers with my 2 cats and a few well-placed mouse traps.

I should probably point out that my house is 111 years old, not my Mom, who's a spry 83...

Awww poor chocolate!

The Baker has read your drinks list, dear Peter. I'm glad you have a dog as well as cats, but I guess you aren't as enthused about cats!

Chocolate Chip Muffins for you if you join the tea party...or peanuts if it's Cooper time.

Hope you're doing well...

Ann

I can make blueberry muffins also! The tea and the company are delightful.

For those wanting to post pics, here's a link to Barry's very good directions: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/tips-tricks-gadgets/14093-inserting-images.html

Peter, growing up on a farm is possibly the only way most of us could eat our livestock. I will not tell Adele her Uncle Peter in AU believes in eating the lame....:roll:

Aly, we are counting on you to post often and be silly. Eating chocolate, however, should be said carefully on this thread. SadandConfused, do bring the blueberry muffins. It'll be less confusing for those who think of beef... you know what I mean.

Helen, your house sounds terrific. Love "old"... and primitive. And kitchen gardens.

I agree Ann. Your mentioning chocolate chip cookies had me feeling rather sick. Right now I need to get myself out of bed, cause I have another jobless day. Oh I have a patient tomorrow yay, an hours work this week, how will I cope?

Right I am going to have more green tea with lime and probably skip breakfast, cause I have 20 kg to lose by July. Why July.......that's when I get stuck with those needles again and I really think they struggle to find any muscle! Oh 20 kg x 2.2 =44 lbs for you non metric Americans.

Hubby's gone back to work after his days off sick etc. He still has a weak foot and now a numb toe. Heading for an operation at this rate........but peace in the house yay.

Love to you all aly

Hey Aly
Such a great thread. I think you are probably right about the china tea cups. Tea is most likely to be served in earthenware mugs here in our gaf, probably goes back to the farming background. I know, those of you tea affectionados will say it won't taste right unless it's in porcelain, but hey what can the poor relative do? I love the smell of coffee but can't stomach it once it passes my mouth, so I'll just have to stay on the tea. Will take solace in the fact that the Irish drink tea like it was going out of fashion. ( we won't mention our reputation for guinness) But you know, tea goes with everything...chocolate...blueberry muffins ( a recent arrival) and especially apple pie.

Great to hear about all your furry friends. I love animals but have none so am loving the virtual presence of hens, cats and dogs on here. There are even pictures. Ann thanks for the instructions on how to post one. I may have to post a picture of Barry's tea for Barry....Beth tried it so may be time for Barry to try tea by tube....I know my mum has!

As to superbowl, well we do football and rugby and all kinds of unique games like camogie but you'll be pleased to know the superbowl made our news over here too. Helen, hope the pizza was good and your team victorious!?

Off to put the kettle on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back