Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
new york
City
rochester
Hello everybody. Its been a while since my last post.. I've tried just pushing the possibility of this disease out of my head and hoping for bfs but iim not to sure now. I remember in late august I noticed my calf muscles twitching I then googled my twitching muscles and came across some information on als. I become frantically worried of every twitch over the next month or so but calmed down as it was just twitching without any other symptoms. But recently I have become very worried. I am 22 years old and am fairly active that why this catchs me as a suprise. it seems my twitching has spread in a systematic fashion. It started with my calfs.. up my legs. Then noticed my hands and feet.. forearms.. shoulders.. back... trunk.. and so on to face and all over.. these fasciculations happen all day everyday relentlessly. I have noticed my legs seem to feel heavier when walking.. when carrying heavy boxes at work I seem to have trouble balancing when I have been doing ot for a long time and most worrysome recently my tongue has started twitching all the time.. and for the last for days I have had a painfull feeling like stoinging or pinprick feeling when I flex it and I thing there are 2 lines of atrophy runnning down my tongue. I have noticed my forearms seem smaller because I now see veins that I'm sure were not visible before.. and over the past week or so my same eyebrow has been twitching nonstop and my face seems tight like it deosnt wanna move. I have hadno trouble talking yet and eat and swallow fine. My hands hurt and twitch all the time.. I am an auto mechanic and it seems everyay fixs I usually have no problem doing have gotten much more tiresome. I also get a fluttering in my ears like my ears are fasciculationg on the inside. I am very worried esspecially for this new tongue problems.. any help is gretly appreciated I know you guys have your own problems.. thank you and god bless

hi,
my fasciculations started when I was 22 years old, nearly 4 years ago. I went through the hell of anxiety, self-tests...probably you are going through the same right now. I do not have ALS. Your age and onset of symptoms are the same as mine as its higly unlikely to be ALS. I too noticed increased muscle fatiquability but you know, people with BFS just have this. I assume you know aboutbfs.com...just go there and get some input.
If the thing in your tongue was atrophy, it would be twitching non stop and you would have serious troubles talking and/or swallowing by now.

Hello everybody. Its been a while since my last post.. I've tried just pushing the possibility of this disease out of my head and hoping for bfs but iim not to sure now. I remember in late august I noticed my calf muscles twitching I then googled my twitching muscles and came across some information on als. I become frantically worried of every twitch over the next month or so but calmed down as it was just twitching without any other symptoms. But recently I have become very worried. I am 22 years old and am fairly active that why this catchs me as a suprise. it seems my twitching has spread in a systematic fashion. It started with my calfs.. up my legs. Then noticed my hands and feet.. forearms.. shoulders.. back... trunk.. and so on to face and all over.. these fasciculations happen all day everyday relentlessly. I have noticed my legs seem to feel heavier when walking.. when carrying heavy boxes at work I seem to have trouble balancing when I have been doing ot for a long time and most worrysome recently my tongue has started twitching all the time.. and for the last for days I have had a painfull feeling like stoinging or pinprick feeling when I flex it and I thing there are 2 lines of atrophy runnning down my tongue. I have noticed my forearms seem smaller because I now see veins that I'm sure were not visible before.. and over the past week or so my same eyebrow has been twitching nonstop and my face seems tight like it deosnt wanna move. I have hadno trouble talking yet and eat and swallow fine. My hands hurt and twitch all the time.. I am an auto mechanic and it seems everyay fixs I usually have no problem doing have gotten much more tiresome. I also get a fluttering in my ears like my ears are fasciculationg on the inside. I am very worried esspecially for this new tongue problems.. any help is gretly appreciated I know you guys have your own problems.. thank you and god bless

ROFLMFAO, sorry to laugh but your only problem is googling, serious as a heart attack you don't have ALS.

The sky is falling, now go on and enjoy the Super Bowl.

Since you've been having this problem for about four months (this is the second time you have posted about your problems here), surely you have consulted a doctor about this problem. What did your doctor say was wrong with you and what did he/she tell you to do about it?

It looks to me like you have classic BFS. Your symptoms line up with it, anyway. The twitching, pinpricks, tingling and such... all BFS. Throw your age and anxiety in the mix and it all fits like a glove. Mind you, I'm no MD but I'd not be looking at ALS as even a remote possibility at this stage.

Why not try convincing yourself you have BFS? It's no picnic but will not put you in a wheelchair either. I'll bet if you settle your mind on the fact that you have BFS and only BFS, your anxiety level will go way down and so will the level of your symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back