Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
TX
City
Nueces
The former cna was very good at cleaning my husband's teeth. The new one is not as good. The first time she tried, he choked on the water she gave him for rinsing and it spooked her. Now she applies a light dent tip clean and when he is tired, skips that. His teeth looked awful and he would not let me help him. I could not stand it and bit by bit wore down his defences. I started with telling him I am just going to play with the dent tip only. Bit by bit he let me do it. I went from light dent tip to toothbrush and dent tip. I just did it, his teeth looks so clean, it is a most satisfying feeling. He is better today, awake and alert.

Pepper, good for you! It's so good you could find a way to clean his teeth. (I expect a lot of people just let this slide.) I'm glad he's more alert today.

OK, this was one of those times that the dementia worked in our favor. Glen refused to use most adaptive equipment, but certainly could not hold a regular toothbrush. He did however LOVE his superheroes. Solution: children's Spiderman battery-op toothbrush: soft brush, large handle,minimal brushing action required. It's amazing the creativity we discover as CALS!

Katie, I know what you mean, my hd dislikes the bipap, has little patience with the oxygen machine but loves the nebulizer because he can puff away and watch the fumes coming out, like smoking a pipe. He asks for that every time. I have to tell him he cannot have it any time he wants to. They can be like kids. I will look for the children's spiderman battery-op toothbrush. Thanks for that tip.

He did however LOVE his superheroes. Solution: children's Spiderman battery-op toothbrush: soft brush, large handle,minimal brushing action required. It's amazing the creativity we discover as CALS!

AWE! I want a Spiderman toothbrush! You rock!

Katie, I finally was able to go to the store and got it today and my PALS does love it. He usually hates getting his teeth brushed and every time I offered would turn it down. Today, he wanted more and so for the first time in weeks, he had his teeth brushed with tooth brush instead of the dent tip. Thanks for the tip.

Pepper, you made my evening! Glad it worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back