Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
US
State
New York
City
Bellport
My brother-in-law is now using his wheel chair full time. He can still transfer from wheel chair to car using a walker, but will probably need the van soon.

terrics

Terrice
I don't know how far you are willing to go but this was posted by our local ALSA here in St. Louis MO.

2003 Ford 250, V8 full size van with raised roof, Easy Lock wheelchair system, O2 tank holders, vent hookup, Braun conversion with side lift, hand controls for paraplegic, full trailor pkg., TV and DVD player with headphones, removable driver seat for W/C driver, 58,000 miles. Phone # 618-235-8465. Ask for Pat.

I have a 1994 high top Chevy conversion van for sale. I live outside Philadelphia. I'm about to post it but I'll answer this first.. My husband died 9/13/10 and used it for just over a year. We were the second owner. It only has 49,000 miles and runs smooth and strong. Arthur's wheelchair is a custom Quantum 6000 that was custom built for a tall man (6'5) and it weighed 400 lbs and he weighed 230. The Braun lift is PLENTY strong. Power windows, door locks. Brand new tie downs for the wheel chair. 4 captain chairs, 2 front, 2 in the garage still with tags! because they go where the wheelchair goes. Rear sofa bed/bench seat. 5.7 liter v8 engine. Entertainment system, don't know if anything works (TV etc) because we weren't interested. NEW tires.

The exterior is white with a blue stripe, and it's in good condition for being 15 years old. The inside carpet is worn and there are some tears in the fabric on the back doors. The seats are so very comfortable.

Call if you'd like, or email. Cell is 484-467-9800 [email protected] Sorry about your brother in law. ALS is a tough disease. My husband had a great attitude and we enjoyed life thoroughly until the last month or so. We learned to appreciate our days... Blessings to you and your family.
Debby

Hi Debby,

Thanks for responding.

I'll contact my sister tomorrow.

Post it though as my brother-in-law will probably be against it.

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

thanks again.

Helen (terrics)

Hello terrics,

it might also be worth advertising your wheelchair van for free online.

Good luck,

Simon

Thanks Jim,

Missouri is too much of a drive. Besides, My brother-in -law chooses to stay in the house.

terrics

We have a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country Conversion Van with automatic lift. It has 62,000 miles, new brakes, new muffler system, and new tires. Runs great. My wife had ALS and this van allowed us to LIVE! We are asking $17,500. Contact me if you are interested and I can forward pictures to you. [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back