Diagnosis
5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
Do yall get a lot of sinus infections? I have never had one in my life, and now I have the 3rd one in 6 months.....

Sorry Phil, I have never had one.

Well, you know it's a record year in GA for pollen. Maybe that could be a contributing factor?

Phil,

I agree with CJ, allergies are a prime suspect. Pollen is high in many regions right now, record year for us here too.

... are you eating at all by mouth? If so, maybe residue is pushing up via the weak soft palate into the sinuses... just a thought. No, no sinus infection for me in many years, but when I eat or drink my nose tends to run. It varies as to how much.

Bulbarians! Sounds like a good warrior name :)
Canada, too, is having record allergy issues. Tom doesn't go to doctors more than he has to. It is not that he necessarily had sinus infection, but twice he woke up in the middle of the night nearly drowning with nosebleed. That has passed for now.

I have never had allergies. And I haven't noticed much pollen lately. I hope its not the other thing! Thanks for the input!

I haven't had any infections but I'm with Rose. It's called nasal regurgitation. There are times when I drink that some of whatever I'm drinking will literally run out of my nose. Sucks if it's something like a Coke.

Well, I'm peg only, and always keep my upper half elevated. I can't swallow anything at all.

My husband has never had allergies either, Phil! But now he has all sorts of gunk in his nose, sneezes a lot and gets sinus headaches! Of course, he cannot effectively blow his nose anymore, so I would imagine "stuff" collecting is not good.

Hell, I dunno anymore about anything! LOL I'm losing my mind and my husband says I'm having a nervous breakdown! Are those one and the same?

Well, it started as a sinus infection, but after waiting through a holiday weekend to see the Doc. Now I have a serious staph infection! If it does not improve in a couple days it will be off to the hospital! WooHoo! oh...and I feel terrible!

Phil
I have had three sinus infections in as many months. Two of them landed me in the ER. I have just almost gotten over the last one...still dripping a bit. I have unreal sinus headaches! The doc at the ALS clinic said he thought I had "something" else goiing on besides ALS. He said he didn't think those were sinus headaches. He wants to do another MRI, but why do that? I am going to die with ALS and don't need anything else to worry about! LOL!

I hope you get over your sinus infection and staph infection too!

chef

Not yet...Lin

Clean, fresh water in BiPAP every night?

Hey Jeff - I've grape juice run out of my nose...oh my goodness, that was disgusting. I can only imagine the coke and the carbonation!

Phil - I hope both the staph and the sinus infection heal quickly. Hospital stay is no fun. Keep us posted on how your doing.

Don`t know if it really helps or not but I have heard that those strange little pitchers that you fill with water, just a little, half a cup or less and pour into one nostril and it comes out the other, that they say it`s great to keep sinues clear of infection- even Dr. Oz says it`s great. They`ve been using it in south Asia for centuries but I would check it out with your doc first. But does sound like it might be helpful. They claim the water does not go down the throat at all but stays in the sinus passages. Never tried it mayself but think it`s worth trying if your doc okays it- karin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back