Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
waynesboro
We have clinic appointment tomorrow. MIL is have Botox shoots for the saliva, I really hope this works. Also, there have been hugh changes since the last appointment. We are at the point where she shouldn't be alone and her insurance don't cover inhome care unless it is thru Hospice and that isn't the case. I put her to bed last night and she just smiles at me and here I am lost thinking WHY? What makes her smile? She has told me several times she dreams of dancing again and I know someday she will. Before all this started I thought I was a very strong person, seems I was wrong. All the PALS here, and everwhere YOU AMAZE ME. I will let you know how the shots works. Blessings to all, Josie

jOSIE, you are so filled with love you can only do ever the right thing/ This leaves us all wondering just how far a=or strength will carry us but life squeezes us on through hte narrowest and darkest of passages.
Good luck with the clinic appt and be sure to let us all know how it passes
Loads of love

Josie,
You are a sweet-heart. Your mom-in-law was smiling for the love you give. She is so blessed to have you in her life. She is probably so relieved her son has chosen such a special and loving member of her family. Keep us posted on her appt. we will all be thinking of you..

Josie, hugging you right now this very moment!

UPDATE, well it didn't go well We knew there has been a decline in her legs and arms, and we knew we needed help at home but Tim (husband) and sister in law was floored. Clinic ordered a highback wheelchair because her kneck is so weak, hand braces to help stop her hands from curling up anymore, neck brace to support her head, a shoulder sling to support her left shoulder because all the muscles are gone and it just hangs there pulling on her back making more problems. I am so at a loss I can't see straight. The clinice got a hospital bed the same day for her because she cant sip up by herself and she still can't get out of that without help. It just feels like the life is being squeezed out of me. This disease is so horrible. They tell us she makes too much money for help here, she needs inhome care and rightnow the only opinion is the Luther Home services but we can't afford it, so they say the safest place for her to get the help is in a home. I feel so useless. These changes have come so fast. I don't know where else to turn. I don't know where else to look for help with in home care. I HATE THIS MONSTER.

YOU are a wonderful person. We all are holding you up with our arms around you, a deep layer of people supporting you with love.

oh Goodness, I am so sorry for all these sudden and alarming changes. I know you were armed and prepared for the worst, but wow when it happens, that is another thing. Did you see Dr.Simmons? I guess you did. I know that ALS assoc. has a grant for health-care in home. I believe it is for 15 hours a week. Look into it. It came from a family I believe, and I know it is not based on income. I really get in an uproar when we do not qualify for things for making too much, and the like. Once again punish those who try, for trying. Why is this the case? I am here if you need an ear.

ARRRGGGHHH! I'm so very sorry for you and you family! We are not there yet, but I have researched every avenue for help for future use and there is none.

Isn't it a pity that having worked hard all her life now disqualifies her from receiving the help she so desperately needs? I have struggled to understand the logic of this.

I hope the Botox at least works for her. The only other thing left is Hospice. There is no limit on how long they will work with a patient (supposedly), as long as the doctor says she has 6 mos left to live. Maybe you could speak to the doctor about it.

Irismarie, thank you for your loving words. You are so kind. Hoping, We did see Dr. Simmons, he was the one talking about needing to make decisions about ventalation and homecare because it is not safe for her to be alone nor can she do what she needs done. We were told that she might be able to get 10 or 15 hours of care thru ALS. Which that is great we would be thankful for any help just trying to piece the other hours isn't going well. It takes every penny my husband and I make just to keep her in her home. Brooksea, as far as the Botox, they said it would take probably a week for her to see any difference if it works for her. We will keep trying and praying for help.

Oh this is so sad. I hate that you are having to face so much. Can she move in with you guys? I know this is not a novel idea, just trying to think of options. Stu at Guardian Angels may be of some assistance. He is truley a Angel on Earth. I cannot think of another person who has done more for Pals and Cals, just for the single reason of caring.

Hoping, we do live in the same house. She has lived there for over 10 years in the bottom back of the house. The rest of the house has sat empty since she's been there and I'm not sure how long before that. It is a beautiful 3 story home. When Barb(MIL) almost lost her fight last year in Hershey, she had to do about a 6 week stay in a rehab/ nursing home before she came home. We wanted to buy the house but weren't able. The lady who owns it is letting us rent the whole house to be there for Barb. She wants to sell it but we just don't have the funds. I thought about Stu but our needs right now for in home care would be expensive. We haven't lost hope and the sun is shinning today. Something has to work, it just has to. Noone should have to leave their home just because they are a unstabble in walking and can't use their hands. This makes me so angry. If I could just ask one favor from everyone, we could really use some prayers.
Josie

Prayers are happening as we speak/write

Dear Josie,
Your mother is blessed to have you there to support her! Prayers to you for continued courage and grace to face the days ahead.

Peace,
Melody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back