Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
AUS
State
S.A.
City
Millicent
In todays state paper in South Australia it was revealed that an ex leader of the opposition in government in S.A. has been diognosed with MND.
(I dont know what one he has it didnt say)

I know its not the best way for people to become aware of MND (have people diognosed with it) for but as the paper is the only state one we have people will become aware of it that it can effect any one and hopefully donate for research into treatment.

(He did go to the States for tests etc. as well, so some of you Americans might have seen him, long shot but you never know)

cheers
Peter

Poor guy. I know it helps spread awareness, but ... I wish there were other ways to do it. Unfortunately, you're right. The only way to get media attention is with well-known names.

I hope his prognosis is good, and that it isn't ALS.

I'm a news junkie, so will look for notices about it in the US. If he came here, he probably went to Mayo Clinic or Johns Hopkins or Cleveland Clinic.

I think I may have seen him! Is he large, heavy-set, completely bald, with startlingly white skin, a patch over his right eye, scarred on the side of his face, and missing the little finger of his left hand?

Hal he is a good looking fellow with a full head of greying hair. His name is Dale Baker. Your fellow sounds like a pirate <g>.
Laurel

Being an Australian polly, sorry x polly, bush ranger or Ned Kelly is a better name.

He has now joined the most unwanted club in the world, which we all belong to and personally having ALS I could not wish to have better club member.

If he is reading this support group welcome abord, there are many wonderful people whose advice and knowledge has given me personal comfort and assurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back