Reason
Other
Country
US
State
mi
City
farm hls
Sorry to keep posting, I just keep having progressing symptoms that are very worrisome. My last emg was a month ago and was clean. Since then, besides continuous twitching, my left arm has been feeling funny....like it feels as if its weak, but I can still do everything with it - it just feels clumsy or akward. I feel like my strength is still there, like I can squeeze things equally I think. Does this sound like the start of weakness? I know Ive read it sneaks up on you, I just feel like I'm so aware of whats going on that I notice the slightest changes. It is my l left arm, and that is the side the emg was done on a month ago. He tested 5 different areas of my arm/hand and didnt find anything. Any thoughts?

If you had ALS you would slowly start noticing your arm was getting weaker and weaker. Your arm would not start out feeling funny. It feels normal but progressively weaker.

Ya , Joel is correct, you don't feel anything at all .
All is normal ,until you start dropping things for no reason.

Try this simple test.

Take a beer can in your left hand.
Pop the top with your right hand.
Lift the can to your mouth with your left hand.
Drink all of the beer in one shot.

Did you spill any beer ?
Yes , you are a sloppy drinker , you need much more practice. Start over again.
No , you have not had enough. Start at the beginning.

You are asking yourself , "What the hell does this have to do with ALS ?"

The answer is nothing - but you don't have ALS ! Now , get back to your training.

:cool:

Katmomma - I hope you'll have a break from the weakness, I think it will be ok! Glen -- you are beyond hilarious! You need to write a comedy book or SOMETHING. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Hmmm ... I am not sure I could write a book. I would have to think about what to put in, and that would ruin it.

The stuff that comes out of my head and sometimes out of my mouth comes from the extra "Mischief" gene in my brain.

I would seriously do that, but at almost 6 months pregnant...probably not a good idea.

OMG ... I did not know you were with child.

Seriously , I would wait until after you have your new munchkin before worrying about any symptoms.

Imagine the changes in your physiology even hormones that are happening while your bundle of joy grows.

Relax , and smile , you are going to be a Momma !

Glen

Thanks Glen, I'm really trying to not think about the symptoms...easier said than done. Does the "akward" feeling I describe sound like anything? I wouldn't say I'm weaker, I can still do everything...I guess the coordination seems a bit off though...I guess thats the easiest way to describe it. I'm not dropping things or tripping or anything like that. I can button shirts, etc, EMG was clean a month ago...I keep trying to remember that. Its just hard to push the symptoms aside when I have continuous twitching and then this akwardness in my limbs.

I would say you have nothing to worry about .

Relax and have some fun.

Glen

I don't know how you stay so positive. More people on the earth should have your attitude

Thank You.

Its just easier to help people , even if its just listening.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back