Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
New York
City
Brooklyn
Hey everyone, thanks for reading. I am a 24 year old girl, no family history of ALS. I KNOW that I have health anxiety but I can’t seem to shake the idea that what I’m experiencing might be ALS.

So two weeks ago I was home and my finger was twitching. Naturally I panicked and googled and ALS popped up. I was reassured that I didn’t have it because I didn’t have any other symptoms until I looked at my tongue. Then I realized it was also twitching. Then I felt my knee twitching and other parts of my body.
I went to my neuro. He did a physical exam and he said he doesn’t see anything indicative of anything serious.

NOW I feel that my throat is sort of twitching when I am going to sleep as well as the right side of my neck. I feel like something is in my throat and I FEEL like I can’t swallow when I’m eating. I have also started to hiccup like once or twice multiple times a day. I’m nervous that this is bulbar onset.

I know this is a serious condition and that I’m probably just experiencing extreme health anxiety. I just wanted to say thank you ahead of time to anyone who responds, I really appreciate it.

All you’ve mentioned is twitching. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless. Many normal healthy people twitch. The hallmark of ALS is muscle function failure, which you have not described.

If you saw a neurologist and your exam was not indicative of anything serious, then you’re cleared of ALS.

Please read this carefully and it should answer any additional questions you may have.

https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

But you don’t need to be here, and that’s a good thing.

Thank you Karen. I really have been avoiding posting here because I didn’t want to be ridiculous. But I really do appreciate your response.

One more thing. Does my tongue look atrophied. Sorry guys

Attachments

• AFC7501C-05C5-40E3-AB05-CDEE34DAB3F4.jpg
    AFC7501C-05C5-40E3-AB05-CDEE34DAB3F4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 284
To your "Sorry guys"....

NO.

Number one most unnecessary pic on the DIHALS section is a tongue pic. Not necessary and I've yet to see anyone who posts these pics diagnosed with ALS. Please do not come to a forum of terminally ill people and their caregivers, knowing you have health anxiety, and take time from them when you've already had your questions answered.

Take good care and good luck to you in the future. I suggest you focus on your anxiety. Your time would be well served in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back