Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
WI
City
Milwaukee
I posted about a month ago describing some symptoms I had been experiencing. Those included right sided weakness in from my shoulder down to my ankle. I also noted some apparent tongue twitching isolated to the center of my tongue. Working alongside my GP, we tested for deficiencies, had mri's done for the brain and cervical spine. I was slightly deficient in vitamin b12 and D, and both mri results were normal. I supplemented for B12 and D with B12 already stabilizing and D on the way up, but my symptoms have progressed.

After seeing a neurologist specializing in MS around that time (who ordered the cervical spine mri), he told me he saw nothing wrong with me.

Now a month later of me waiting to see if things would improve, my symptoms have really advanced.
- Full body weakness with notable decrease in muscle mass
(can still do everything, but some movements bring on considerable discomfort/pain)
- Random times during the day where Ill feel about 5 seconds of pulsating on my left knee
- Decrease most notable in upper limbs (my biceps feel like skin and bone)
- Difficulty lifiting arms over shoulders (pain after 5-10 seconds)
- Neck pain/stiffness
- Persistent apparent twitching still isolated to the center of my tongue
- Scalloped sides of tongue with bottom of tongue smooth and receding from top (almost as if the top is larger than bottom)
- indents in both sides of tongue that are very raw and burn
- difficulty speaking with frequent biting of tongue (although others have not noticed slurring), having to really focus on annunciating words
- Waking up every morning with thick, heavy feeling in mouth, tongue sore

I am only 20 years old, turning 21 next January. No family history. I have an appointment with a different GP the first week of September (looking for a fresh perspective on whatever this is)

Worth nothing that my very, very first symptoms were right-sided tingling and difficulty concentrating (both of which have subsided)

I am well and truly at a loss for what is going on.

The good news is you're not dying.
The bad news is you feel like crap.
Unfortunately, there's no treatment for burning tongue (look it up).
Sounds like you sleep poorly.
Good luck with your new doctor.

Still not a single ALS symptom, I can't figure why you would be back here.

Keep working with your doctors, but stop coming here unless you want to go read the stickies again.

All the best solving this, I'm positive you do not have a fatal disease of any kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back