Learn about ALS
Country
Rus
State
Russia
City
Moscow
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance to all those who might read and offer opinion. I'm a 34 yo female and I've been very much concerned about my symptoms for a while. First, in Dec 2015 I had an MRI to rule out MS and it showed degeneration of corticospinal tract according to the tech who described it, suggesting possible ALS. In Jan-Feb I began to have fascics, random and rare, which ramped up by April, but have essentially calmed down now, except for my right calf.

My primary concern is my inner right calf, which has been hurting and feeling stiff and sore for almost 3 months, ever since I resumed active sports after a year break. Also, it looks noticeably thinner and the muscle seems shaped differently. Still, I can do lots of squats and calf raises and stuff.

I had a clear EMG and neuro exam on June 5. The neuro saw the thinner leg but dismissed it as unimportant, saying it could be related to flat foot. Still, anxiety is through the roof. I've been on AD but it doesn't seem to do much for my anxiety. I've read that ALS doesn't present with pain, but also looked it up on the Russian web and the stories sound contradictory.

Sorry for wordiness.
Would gratefully appreciate any response.

Natalia

THe findings on the mri would seem to point away from ALS and more toward MS. The clean EMG and neuro exam also point away from ALS. You don't seem to need to be here. Lucky you.
Dosvedanye
Vincent

:) Thank you, Vincent! that's some good Russian you speak! Wishing you a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back