Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittston
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this and giving me your opinion. About 1 month ago my left shoulder began to be in pain. Nothing major and I took little notice to it. About 2 weeks later I began having significant shoulder weakness and numbness in the deltoid region. This weakness has made it difficult to reach overhead and raise it at my side. My deltoid muscle has severely atrophied along with a little of my tricep. After seeing a nuerologist I received an EMG which resulted in slight nerve problems in the deltoid and tricep region. I received an MRI of my cervical spine which came back normal. My orthopedic suspects nueromuscular problem which immediatly made me do research. I understand als is an extreme but being young I am very concerned about my future. If I can hear any opinions and also wonder what a dirty EMG means? I am not sure if mine was dirty.

Thankyou again for your help and support. God bless all of you that have been truly diagnosed and suffer with this disease as you are the true warriors in my eyes.

Dirty emg is not a technical term. All abnormal emgs are not all ALS. If you get the report and give us the summary we may be able to comment better. My first question was it really the emg ( needle ) that was abnormal or was it perhaps the nerve conduction portion ( shocks)?

The onset does not sound like ALS to me. I wonder about Parsonage- Turner Syndrome.

What is the follow up plan? What did the neuro say?

Thankyou for your response! The nuerologists seemed more concerned about the MRI report as I had the MRI test post appt with the nuero. The muscle stimulation was the slightly abnormal park. The shock test seemed normal if I remember correctly. The only thing my Nuero seemed concerned about was my chance at early carpo tunnel. The follow up will be with the nuerologist as the MRI came up with nothing. PST syndrome seemed oddly close to my symptoms but I never experienced any severe pain...just what felt like muscle pull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back