Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Hillsboro
Hello, my name is Meg and I want to start by indicating I have read the als information and still had a couple questions.
First off, I'm a 32 new mom and for the last two months have been struggling. I started having muscle fasiculations all over my body (I know this means nothing) but they were ongoing and still persist to this day. In addition, when I swallow, I feel like there's a lump in my throat and it feel awkward when I swollow. I thought I had post nasal drip too as I keep swollowing but can't seem to clear my throat. I have been to my gp and she said my reflexes are good and strength as well. I have only recently encountered this swollowing issue.
I genuinely appreciate any feedback. Thank you all very much.
God bless,
Meg

I am giving you limited permission to google. Look up globus. That is what you are describing. It does not sound like ALS in the slightest. Both twitching and globus can be signs of stress. Understandable in a new mom. Enjoy your baby and don't worry

Thank you for your time and response.
Always,
Meg

I have fasciculations daily. They travel and some cramps. It seems to run with my hydration level. Try getting some fluids also.

Thank you both!! I plan on refocusing. I'm going to focus all my energy on my daughter❤️ Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back