Reason
Other
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
So, my legs are starting to feel very weak, and It feels weird to walk.. Twitching is extreme, especially in the left leg. I'm also having some very subtle like popping/crawling sensations on the bottom of my feet (Isn't ALS twitching more subtle, as apposed too large muscle jerks?) I find myself constantly doing strength test (squats, one leg squats jumps..etc) I know I am probably the biggest nuance ever to ungrace these forums, and I'm truly sorry for being that, but ALS is firmly indented in my mind, and it won't leave. I can't help but feeling like the EMG was just done to early to detect my problems. I know ALS is about failing, not feeling, but I can't help but surely it has to start somewhere? And being that I'm only 31, maybe its just porgessing slowly and just now is starting to really show?! Does it sound like a possibility? I've seen people on these forums say they've had negative EMG's but end up having ALS....

To answer your question:Why Can't I Have Peace? I suspect it's because you're mentally/emotionally unable to let go. You really need to get that fixed.

So as to not waste our time, please go back over the answers to your previous posts.

We have offered our opinions. You are free to disbelieve us and your primary doctor and three neurologists and the results of 2 emgs but we can not help you. Reassurance clearly does not last. This is consistent with health anxiety ( which I believe is your pcp's diagnosis?)
Reading here and on other sites about ALS is clearly not helping you, rather it is making you worse. For your own health and well being stop searching, leave this site and talk to your pcp.
Members please review the poster's history before considering a reply. Thank you

It is true that early EMGs aren't always definitive, but your lack of clinical weakness was, is and will be a guarantee that you do not have ALS.

And that's my concern. What if the EMG just didn't detect the denervation? And this weakness I'm starting to feel is the beginning stages of ALS weakness..

Nope. You don't "feel" ALS weakness. You experience it.
No one here began their journey with "feeling weak."
We're done here, Tribes. Please get the help from a counselor or physician, that you need, so as not to have ALS "firmly indented in your mind" so you can move on with your long, healthy life. That help is clearly not available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back