05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
There is always? a bright side.

when there are people I do not want to see, things I do not want to do I can be "too tired".

People in supermarkets wave me through to the head of the queue

I am cossetted and someone pulls on my socks and my boots for me.

I go to the physiotherapist who is a gorgeous hunk of a man and he does all sorts of wonderful things to me while kneeling between my legs;-)

I can eat as much chocolate as I like and no longer have to watch my weight

Sure you can think of lots more silver linings...........;;

irismarie

My doc said a beer before meals was o.k. as it would increase my appitite.-JK

LOL @ the hunk between your knees :) What a great spirit you have, thanks for making me smile this morning.

Those are good ones! Some more:

- Handicapped parking spots
- No longer having to walk the dogs every day, rain or shine
- No heavy lifting around the house
- My son is playing less World of Warcraft and doing more helping
- Ice cream every day (plus another vote for chocolate)
- Kindness and caring from people in the community
- Finally getting rid of 30 years of accumulated junk as we prepare to downsize

I agree, Christmas shopping with better parking spots. Gaining weight is taken as a complement. People worry that I should eat great fattening foods. Never have to open a jar, straw, top, or cut food again. Sleep in late, and not called lazy (MUCH)... Help at stores and with doors. Used to exercise everyday, and cannot feel guilty that I cant anymore. Get to spend time in the ski-lodge, ect.. when we vacation. All I can do is RELAX, and watch..Sometimes ok with me..lol...

Gives me an excuse to do something I've not done before - drink wine for medicinal purposes!

I was way too hasty w my response earlier. At school (I retired last Friday) my fellow faculty somehow, magically stopped in my room one at a time, just to chat. While they shared a mote of sadness/concern at my ALS, they were there to share a part of their lives. We talked as we always had, but with more meaning and depth, knowing that our good-byes would soon be very real. Some hugged me, some touched my hand or arm. Our crusty, dusty shop teacher hugged me and nearly broke my ribs. He has emailed a number of times since my last day. At our school, we tend to be a bit formal, but most now call me by my first name. I don't want to be disabled or retired, but the past 6 weeks of my career as a h.s. teacher have been priceless because of so many "little things". Don't get me started on my wonderful "family" of students. Yes, in the darkest hours, we must search for thost things--some funny and some precious--that lift us and sustain us. God Bless You All, JK

loads of love with smiles to you JK - and of course to all........;irismarie

LOL @ the hunk between your knees :) What a great spirit you have, thanks for making me smile this morning.

I second that!

What a great topic !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back