Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Wyoming
City
Laramie
I read the sticky so I know that clinical weakness is what I'm looking for but I was wondering if precieved weakness can develop into clinical weakness? Is that possible with ALS or is it just an all of a sudden type deal? I've been experience muscle spasms mostly in my left leg (for quite a long time) but recently in my right arm. Over the past few days I've lost significant amounts of strength in my right arm although I can still do daily activities (button my shirt, raise my hand over my head etc) but at this rate I feel like I could lose everything in a couple days. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated

Unlikely to be ALS.

As the sticky says - you just fail to do things. You don't feel it coming on.

Go see a doctor, that's how you find out if there is any clinical weakness. All the best.

Have you been to a doctor? You may need a clinical exam to assess what is happening. Unfortunately this is a key piece and we are not doctors.

I went to the doctor for bowel related issues a bit ago, but no diagnosis (they told me I was fine). Not sure if it means anything but I've been experiencing a brain fog lately as well. I've also been holding out on the doc until it's serious (signs of clinical weakness). I mean if it is ALS (doubtful) then there's not much I can do about it so I'm trying to not worry about it until I cross that bridge

Seriously if you want to hold out on seeing a doctor, please hold out on posting here. We are using our energy to support terminally ill people in high need and their carers.

You are not displaying ALS symptoms.

You're right, I probably should not have posted here, especially after reading the sticky. I was just curious about my symptoms and glad to be reassured that it's not anything serious so thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back