Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Il
City
Dixon
Hello all, thanks for taking the time to read. First of all, let me just say I know I am an anxious person and have been crippled with it for over a week now. Around three weeks ago I went to my GP because my throat was sore and it actually hurt to swallow and I was constantly clearing my throat and felt very horase, he chalked it up to acid reflux. Fast forward to last Friday and i wake up with severe soreness in my forearms and problems gripping anything, not that I couldn't grip anything just that it was almost painful in my forms to do so. This continues into Saturday and Sunday it starts to create much anxiety in me so doing what I always do I decided to consult Dr. Google and ALS pops up. Next thing I know Sunday night my legs are twitching nonstop as well as my arms sporadically, I'm really in panic mode now. I'm checking my tongue I'm doing strength tests, literally starting to lose it. So I call my GP on Monday he gets me right in and Says he thinks it's stress related but can't rule anything out because of my symptoms so come back and see him in 3 weeks. So I spend the next few days in bed researching ALS nonstop my legs and body now twitching almost nonstop my forearms are still tight and my grip in both arms seems to feel almost clumsy as well as my legs have now started do you feel weak. I'm also constantly have to clear my throat I'm not sure if it's in my head or not but I feel like I'm starting to slur words and have trouble talking. Any of this sound at all familiar, sorry for the long post I'm just really struggling right now .

Nope. This is crippling anxiety pure and simple. There's treatment available for it- you need to go back to the doctor and let them know this is taking over your life.

Best wishes

The worst thing for anxiety is Dr. Google. Stay off the computer and find support for your health anxiety.

CLASSIC anxiety symptoms and not a single ALS symptom.

The great news is anxiety can be treated!

Thanks for you replies, I really appreciate it. I'm trying my best to get through this.

Hoarse voice

Over thepast few weeks my voice has become very hoarse, i am constantly swallowing like I've got something running down my throat and I've got to clear my throat like every minute. Could this be caused by bulbar onset. I just read about a change in voice and it scared me terribly. Thanks for any advice!!

Re: Hoarse voice

Voice issues are about as likely to be caused by ALS as you are to be struck by lightening. The guideline is that if horse voice persists beyond three weeks, you should see a Dr. Causes are generally allergy or infections, particularly sinus infections. You might also want to look at the health anxiety that made you consider a rare and terminal illness as cause for a very common symptom.

Stay in one thread.

Still not ALS. Stop reading about ALS and looking up symptoms and see a doctor if you're concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back