Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
SC
City
Sumter
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and tell ya'll how thankful I am for everyones support and advice! Sorry I haven't been on much I was laid up last week with a bad lower back and didn't get on the computer much as standing and walking was quite painful. I am a good bit better this week and am again able to assist with dad. Thankfully we have great folks coming to help now that stepped up and filled gaps last week so I didn't have to handle dad as much.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. You poor thing. Back pain is terrible. Glad to hear you are doing a little better and you got a little help with your dad. Take care, Kim

Been thinking of you lately snowman so I'm glad you checked in!

Sorry about the sore back, try to take all the help you can and rest it up.

Thanks ya'll! With two bulging discs it was a ticking time bomb to begin with. I thought I would finish it off lifting and manuevering dad but that wasn't it. We ordered a generator to have on hand in case of power outages to run dads machines and I bent over to slide it over and never felt any pain or pull but wen I went to stand back up straight I made it about a quarter of the way back up and stopped very quickly. I am assuming nerves must have gotten in a bind. Sitting and laying were comfortable but standing and walking was very painful. I am running at about 75% right now but it gets the job done. Dad has been a real trooper and is hanging tough. We had one bad episode of choking but none since. If anything he may even be doing slightly better than i last reported. I get him up and to the potty in the morning and then he sits in the recliner and eats breakfast and gets bathed and then hangs out till about lunchtime and then he is worn out and I move him to the bed and he naps and stays settled there the rest of the day except for maybe a visit to the potty when the evening/night aid gets there while I am at work.

OUCH

you are doing brilliantly yet again, I'm so glad for the upturn in the situation for now :)

Thank ya Tillie, we sure try our best! I am so thankful for the aids and nurse we have they have been great to work with. They are all Hospice CNA's that come in there off time to make some extra money and offer a wonderful blessing of there service. We have the same lady Monday-Friday evenings and the other CNA's work it out amongst themseleves and let us know who will be coming on the weekends. All of there assistance has been a huge blessing for us as it came at a time me and mom were both on the verge of breakdowns.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone. Everyone on this forum is one part of my lifeline.

Love patrick

Happy Thanksgiving! If you have loved ones nearby, savor it.

:)...............

Snowman some months ago it would have been hard to imagine yourself enjoying thanksgiving with your family. Getting all that help in has certainly brought life to you all.

tillie we do roll call for snowman's here. the bigger the better. well im out of it now but i can still watch.

You are right Tillie. Months ago I thought things this year were going to be very different. We had a great Thanksgiving though as I hope everyone else did. You are also correct about the help, it was right on time. As I was growing frustrated and tired and mom was doing the same we had a wonderful blessing come to us by the way of VA benefits that enabled us to bring in help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back