Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tempe
If you would like to know how to stop coughing, here are natural home remedies you may try:

Water – Drinking plenty of water is the easiest solution and a must if you want to know how to stop coughing. Start drinking lots of fluids if you have cough.

Hot Tea With Lemon and Honey – Tea has a natural soothing effect and the honey puts a nice coating on your throat to stop your cough.

Cinnamon with Lime – The vitamin C boosts your immune system and the combination of cinnamon and lime cuts excess phlegm. It is the perfect way on how to stop coughing.

Warm Bath – The steam from the shower helps to hydrate your throat passages. Stand in the shower and try to breathe deeply in the warm steam.

Apple Cider Vinegar – It helps diminish any irritation in your throat as well as upper respiratory tract. Mix water with a few teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar.

Hot Milk And Honey – Mix together a warm glass of milk and stir in a little honey. Drink this gradually and be ready to have a cough-free night.

Humidity – Dry coughs are from dry air. Humidity can aid avoid respiratory tract infections. Running a humidifier is perfect but if you don’t have one, you can put a basin of water in front of heat vents. When water heats, it puts wetness into the air.

hi there.
my son is asthmatic and today we had to take him to a+e as he had a real bad attack but also had a tempreture..........turns out he has a chest infection.
anyway,he has had a cough and i told him warm drinks are better like tea with lemon or honey but we had no honey or lemon.
we do have cider vingar as it is usefull for so many things and did not think to try it for his cough............so now i know.
thankyou for a formative post.

I tried equal parts of apple cider vinegar and honey as I was constantly choking on dryish foods. I use 2 tbsps of each and then fill an 8 oz glass with warm water. Really soothes the throat and also helps bring up phlyem from throat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back