Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
As a result of chronic constipation and going off psyllium for a few months, I developed hemorrhoids. Recently, I discovered bright red blood so I went in for an exam.

The gastro found an anal fissure and scheduled me for a procedure to have a closer look and treat the hemorrhoids at the same time.

I'm back from the procedure. I was totally out and it took about 30 minutes. They took care of the hemorrhoids with a laser and he said my self care had nearly healed the fissure.

So now I just need to double up on the psyllium, keep taking enough magnesium and drink plenty of water. He said if I get discomfort again, he can give me "something stronger" than psyllium but said he favors psyllium and lots of fluid over anything else.

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to endure the banding off procedure and it's over.

I also discovered that using the preparation H cream is much better than using the dry suppositories. I combined the H cream with topical antiseptic cream to heal the fissure.

So.....on to the second crown replacement. That one is an out-of-pocket expense that'll run around $1,400. Fortunately, today's procedure is totally covered by Medicare and my supplement.

Hi, Kim, Glad to hear the dr.s could remedy the situation without difficulty, May the work with the tooth so smoothly, too. I've had several crowns put in and replaced over the years. The price of Gold never goes down! They do last a long time, though. Take care, heal quickly, and may all go well with you. May blessings abound. B. :cool:

B,
The first crown they replaced lasted 30 years, so no complaints here!

My appetite didn't suffer one bit. I've had two full meals since returning from the procedure and so far so good.

Heal up. Girl
Love ya

When I first read the title of this thread, my eyes were a little blurry, and I thought it said “Keep Constitution in check”.

Then I realized you were talking about something a little more earthy. :)

Glad it’s working for you.

Our greatest help has been plenty of water. We currently do 2 cups via her PEG late morning and again mid-afternoon. With Darcey's morning water, she takes 2 alka seltzer. She heard that it helped with mucous build up in her mouth and throat. I don't know if it really helps, but she does seem better off since she began to take it. Glad surgery went well!

My best...

Jim

Kim, I'm glad you're doing so well after your procedure and I hope your dental work goes just as smoothly. Housekeeping and general maintenance is important!

Karen,

Interesting. I think your eyes were just celebrating flipping the house. :grin::grin::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back