Other
Country
Ca
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
27 male:
Been reading all your forum topics for awhile since I started having issues (August 2015). I have a brain injury so sorry if I explain in a mess.

To start
* got gardasil 1 shot gained a positive ANA and made my fibromalgia get worse
*now am near skin and bone no muscle in forearm (have biceps)
*missing legs and butt fast and twitches all over they bounce from place to place stop and go. Can use hands no problem though
*feet and ankles hurt plus knees and arms I feel from muscle loss
*not tired but harder to walk (no foot drop) but I have difficulties and cant excersise in fear of breaking bones.
* saw if you can use it then it is not als but I seem to be progressive for weakness. Not getting better
* read bad stories even als stories from the shot after the fact stating it was detected in 2 kids a more progressive form
*scared as we all are . took Methylprednisolone to try reverse vaccine buteven get twitches in back of head where spine connects
* itches
* left side of neck and arm hurt since shot
* forgot. Left arm seems bigger that right. Can't prove by looking at it myself though.
*weird warm feeling in arms kind of buzz tingle and needles
(Twitches will occur in one spot ofbody at time during day even bicep plus legs abdomen. Everywhere but face.)

Sorry if this is hard to understand got badly beat in the head 5 years ago was in a coma. I hope you guys can help or give advice or ideas of what could be occurring. I kno the vaccine contained aluminum.. I kno you are not docs but none are helping me they deny a vaccine can harm.
Am aware some issues are not als but want to give a full picture of symptoms

If I can help more with description s letme kno. I was 100% healthy till shot had cts of abdomen and chest plus head MRI before issues for screening of previous employment issues. Gained only a spastic colon.

Please take your time answerit ina few days I appreciate any help I am quite sad worried and beyond angry at the medical system. But mad at myself too

Hi Sanders-
There seems to be lots going on with you that is causing you worry.
ALS is very rare and is only diagnosed after many many tests to rule out everything else. You have not indicated if you have seen a neurologist to help rule out any of the more common causes for many of your concerns. With a brain injury in your history, seeing a neurologist is an absolute must. If you do not have one already, get your family doctor to refer you to one. It's very difficult for people on the internet to even guess causes for symptoms based on someone's personal and subjective observations. So, yes, your symptoms must be causing you concern- but only a professional can actually tell you what is going on and provide any treatment required.

You primarily describe sensory issues, pain and 'feelings'. These are not associated with the onset of ALS.
Twitching is far too common to be diagnostic of anything.

This is explained in the Sticky titled PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

I have seen a neuro. I did not have a Babinski reflex and they stated there was no issue of concern. I see my family Dr tomorrow but they keep saying it is nothing. I look very different and feel very different since August. Nobody is diagnosing me . I have fibro but I don't think it causes this. I read the sticky just I'm concerned something is being left in diagnosed. I am unaware of other issues accept it seems similar to peripheral neropathy. I kno that i
Also is about not being able to and I was told it starts in feet or hands. I lost muscle in all limbs within a month just happened. They won't send me anywhere else and I feel helpless. I get P ains in muscles/bones from using them and joints. Also the muscles burn. I just kno muscle loss ,weakness, pain from lack of muscle can be als plus muscle loss. I am not sure if I should quit cause no one believes this vaccine did it. They are dismissing me as a nut.

Hi
It sounds like you are a little complex because of your other issues from the head injury.

But the good news is that you are not describing ALS, not even a bit.

That doesn't mean there isn't something going on.

All the best in finding out what is happening.

Pains and burns are not ALS.
Atrophy (muscle loss) is not a sudden thing, it follows clinical weakness.

You've had a neuro and your primary care doc tell you no ALS, we are not going to say otherwise.

You truly need to see a mental health expert to address your anxiety. These care of that and your issues will likely go away.

Please see a therapist (your family doc can refer you) who can help you detach this slew of symptoms from the overwhelming fear you obviously have of damage from the vaccine. Only when you are calmer will you be able to separate out any physical symptoms that are left, that require dealing with. It will be a much shorter list, possibly with nothing on it, than today's.

Be aware that anti-vax hysteria on the Net is common, dangerous (more so than any vaccine on the market) and unfounded. Whatever "confirmed cases" you think you've heard about likely aren't.

Best,
Laurie

Symptoms less now but scary with no help. Cried wolf I think in the past too much.

* neg ANA finally
* obvious muscle loss and dimples in both arms both legs and face and bum
*twitching all over at separate times stops and goes
*weakness progressive
*no Babinski

Can anyone suggest even though you are not dr's . the pain was my fibro. I can still walk,button,and lift with difficulty. I was scheduled for an Emg 2 months ago still no call. I'm very concerned this is leading to a deadly ending.. Also started after my vaccine. No family members with neuro issues. Please help me out. Can it be PMA or any of the other disorders on here. My inflammation, CBC, and othebloof work was good. No cancer.

I am begging for advice, possible diseases it can be, being you guys are or have gone through this before. I'm so scared thanks for all the past responses. Means alot

Re-read our previous responses.

Drs are concerned
@global twitchin muscles
*global atrophy
*progressive weakness , can still do but difficult ( meansmuscles dead?)
*cannot balance well
* popingcracking on left side wich is weakest
*left jaw sore from chewing tired
*left neck sore from holding up
*back weak

Waiting on emg, neurologist, lower spine mri and internist medicine

Mnd? Freaking out. All happened after vaccine even my suken bum muscles twitch
Visible under skin. Any relife or is there a chance im in trouble. Dr cannot reassure me he doesnt understand it

Sanders, I've considered closely all of your posts and I must admit it's difficult to see ALS in there. There's a lot going on, and ALS is much more simple than that.

In ALS, motor nerves in your brain and brain stem are destroyed, so that they cannot send the "go" signal that would make your muscles contract. Since the muscles are lying limp and useless, they eventually lose their muscle tone and become atrophied. There are no sensory feelings or weakness, fatigue, or anything--the muscles just don't move any more. That's pretty much it.

But you've got a ton of other stuff going on. So I'm just not seeing ALS as your problem.

I am definitely reading some confusion, fear, and anxiety in your posts. I agree with lgelb that you should seek out mental health care. Personally, I would prefer seeing--at least once--a psychiatrist. They have an MD and understand both the body and the mind, and can prescribe medication as needed.

If you don't trust your doctor, find another one. Sorry, but you can't expect better answers from people on the Internet.

So I saw a general internist. He pushed to test strength and I was good. Looked at walking and was good. He says if I had a progressive muscle atrophy or MND I would look like musg by now... I have difficulties with my stiff left hand and foot for balance and dropping occasionaly. Can still button and zip. Just my days last a hour and I get weak tired and sore. I swam 10 min today and I'm done. He did not see a twitch because they did not occur during that 20 min. I have a nerve conduction study the 7th and neuro the 14th.

Concerned about global atrophy ( not in abdomen but gained a pound due to bed rest). I appreciate your answers and help. I am aware the test will say my fate. I am scared this darn gardasil triggered this immune response. The Dr says it triggered a immune response and to see him in 3 months while I am wasting away. Not sure what is wrong or causing global twitching, muscle loss progressive weakness and dropping tripping(no falls yet but getting weaker and more tired) knees are bone now. He says the system is attacking my nerves but suggested nothing.. This has been going on since August. I don't know what to expect or fear MND ,als or pma or hopefully nothing. Does it sound similar to anything you know of? Thanks merry Xmas happy new year I just ugh I'm lost scared mad for not researching gardasil

Not sure what your problem is, except I know you have severe health anxiety. We can't diagnose you, as we aren't doctors, can't see you, and can't test you. We only know ALS, but your neurologist said no ALS, so that's that.

Can it be an MND. Left side getting weaker both left feet and hands stiff . twitching with muscle loss progressing weakness and stifness. Sorebacknow. MRI showed lower spine degeneration but normal. Saw scary article from shot I got
Gardasil may have had 2 als cases. Too late for me to carenow just. My emg is the 7th. Even my bum is going. Thanks for the help will msg emg results next. No Ana and no ms. Can't do heel to shin test and wobble doing rhomberg test. Feet are boney now and crackle too with stiff joints. Hope the best for me. Hope Xmas was nice

Sanders, try to relax until your appointment. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back