Diagnosis
12/2017
Country
Us
State
Virginia
City
Carrollton
Started giving Sibyl morphine @ 4pm yesterday. Instructions say 0.5 ML every 4 hours but I waited until 3:30 this morning for the second dose.

Also giving her lorazepam after discussing with hospice nurse.

She is resting comfortably but very shallow breathing.

Thru the tube the morphine takes about 40 minutes to work.

I am planning to give her another dose around 7 am which is one half hour sooner than directed but with the 40 minute delayed reaction I think it is okay.

This may be the first flutter of her wings.

Ernie

Oh Ernie, I'm glad she's comfortable. Hope you're as okay as can be. You've also been through a lot lately. Stay strong, you're there with her, you're doing great.

Thanks Wish;

We are at peace with this part of the journey. Family and friends, even past caregivers have made the visit recently.

I am doing better than I expected and thank you for your concern. I have been blessed with a good gene pool and have good health which has been a blessing.

My one regret is on occasions I have let fatigue and lack of sleep influence my temperament but my sweet wife knows me well and she has forgiven.

Ernie

You really sound at peace in all you posts. Concerned for comfort but just rolling with the punches. You two are good to each other.

Use your gut instinct now Ernie and look at the prescribe dose and frequency as a suggestion. Sybil's comfort is the only priority now. xxx

My thoughts go with you both, Ernie. I'm glad that you are keeping Sibyl comfortable. May you both be at peace.

My best...

Jim

Ernie, sending you thoughts of strength and peace. You have been a wonderful CALS to your wife, Kate

Thinking of you, Ernie. Sounds like you are making Sibyl as comfortable as you can.

Our PALS chose to be with us because of, not despite our temperaments, and likewise we them...

Best,
Laurie

Prayers and positive thoughts for you, Ernie. As Tillie wisely advised, go with your gut to make sure Sibyl is comfortable until she flies free.

It has been a difficult 24 hrs.

Upped the morphine dosage with little effect so stopped and started the Lorazepam.

Resting now with short episodes of air hunger and whimpering. Neither the morphine nor the Lorazepam has lesson these brief interludes.

My oldest D (25 minutes away) arrived about 6pm last night, my middle D (3hrs away) arrived at 9:30, and my youngest will be here (from 7hrs away) early this morning. Sibyl may be waiting for her arrival.

We have been alternating sitting with Sibyl and sleeping.

I am anticipating making THE call to hospice very soon.

Thank you all for your kind words and concerns.

Sibyl, Ernie, Suzanne, and Catherine

We are standing beside you virtually. Wishing a peaceful passing with all her loved one there.

You are doing an awesome job.

Ernie, I am praying for you, your family and Sibyl during this very difficult time. You are a wonderful CALS.

Sharon

Ernie - you are in my prayers. These hours are the most difficult ones you will face. You are an awesome caregiver. You have done more than any one could ask for Sybil.

Hugs

Thinking of you. You may be right that she is waiting for the children to be there. So good to know you manage to accompany her along that road.
Good vibes

How good that your are gathering all your kids. We're standing in the wings thinking of your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back