Loved one DX
Country
MAL
State
Sarawak
City
Kuching
Hi

My sister is diagnosed with MND and recently moved back to my parents in Malaysia.

The cost of buying Rilutek is £400 for 56 tablets, which is very expensive and she had stopped taking due to cost.

Is someone here paying privately for their medication? If so, how much? Is there a way I can buy it here for her and post to Malaysia?

Thank you.

You need a prescription to get Riluzole so if you are asking if there is a way for you to buy it from a pharmacy no. Not in the US, Canada or the UK. Not anywhere I know of.

If you are asking someone here to supply it because they have unneeded pills that is against forum rules because it is illegal ( prescribing without a license)

Riluzole is expensive. A couple of years ago I had to buy a months’ worth (60 pills). With luck and a lot of searching I found a discount coupon and paid 284 US. Most pharmacies were charging around 600

Thank you for replying.

No, I was asking if I could buy the medicine with the prescription written by a Malaysian neurologist.

I’d like to purchase the medicine within the law and regulation.

I know that in the U.K., some medications are subsidies by the government, but for non-domicile, they will have to pay for the medication as they are not entitled to health care benefit. I’m trying to find out how much would it cost for the non-domiciles.

Is that in UK GBP or US Dollars?

Thanks

My quotes were US. I do not know if in the UK ( where you are?) if they would fill a prescription from a doctor in another country. I think not but you could ask to be sure. They could probably tell you cash price too.

We do have UK members but you might want to ask on the MNDA forum as there will be more UK people
there.

Btw you want to price riluzole which is the generic. Brand rilutek will be more. My quotes were for riluzole

If you are looking to do this internationaly, you may want to check out places like India or China for online orders. Or look into what Malasian Health will pay for. In a disease as horrible and fast as ALS you may want to loose the squeamishness over the grey market. I'm not recommending smuggling narcotics into Malaysia, just getting something to help with ALS as cheaply as possible.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back